Chap 7

Snow fell heavily.

It covered everything like a heavy blanket, muting the world around him. It was night now, but the snow made it seem lighter out. It was cold out. It was so, so cold.

Blue was grateful he'd remembered his jacket, at least. The Swapfell Brothers had planned a sleepover tonight, he and his brother had been the first to arrive, though Edge had said he would come over too. They all got along really well, hanging out when their lives allowed it, which, thankfully, was often. The only one who didn't get along was Sans. Blue didn't really like to think about him, though.

" I really should've Just Asked Papy" He grumbled, pausing to rub his jacket in an attempt to warm up. He had made the mistake of forgetting his sleeping bag at home, and instead of letting his brother just use his magic to get it, Blue had insisted he would just run back and get it. He regretted that decision, just as Razz claimed he would, but alas, it was far too late to change it. He continued through the park at a jog, careful of the ice patches, just wanting to get back to the Swapfell brother's apartment. Blue only slowed down when he noticed there was a figure lying on the bench.

Oh dear. Concern welled up in his soul. What was someone doing out here in this weather? It was dangerous! What if they didn't have somewhere to go? The poor soul.... There was a homeless shelter nearby, maybe he could give them directions? Blue approached, hesitant until he realized they were a monster. He was surprised when he recognized the monster lying there. His alternate, Sans. That did nothing to damper his concern. Why was he just lying there? The other was seriously undressed for the weather! A pair of shorts and a thin hoodie, he didn't even have shoes on!*

" Sans?" He called out, attempting to wake him. When the smaller didn't stir, he grew closer.

" Sans?" he tried again with a gentle shake. He still didn't react, all too still in the snow. Was he sick? Did he just happen to make a bad choice and try to take a nap on a bench? That seemed unlikely. Blue didn't know what happened, but there was no way he'd just leave him out in the snow!

Blue unraveled and unzipped his sleeping bag before he threw it over Sans, as if it were a blanket. Then he scooped the smaller into his arms, surprised when he lifted him up far easier than expected. Blue frowned in concern. He knew they were skeletons, but shouldn't sans be a bit heavier? Well, he could worry about that when they were no longer in the cold.

Once sure that the smaller was secure in his hold, he continued towards the apartment.

Thankfully, it didn't take too much longer to get back.

In the time that it took, Sans still hadn't moved. It was very concerning, but he figured getting him inside would help. Once he arrived at their door, he adjusted his hold to allow him to open the door without setting the smaller down. It was a bit awkward, but he managed.

" Heya bro, what took you so- are you carrying someone?" Stretched greeted him, frowning as he watched him set Sans down on the empty couch.

" Is that sans?" Slim asked, a mildly curious expression across his skull.

" Yep, I found him outside" Blue shared.

" and you brought him here, instead of waking him up?" the disapproval was clear in his brother's voice. Neither of them approved, but it wasn't like he would've done it if he was sure Sans was okay.

" Yes! He isn't waking up! I think he might be sick or something!" he exclaimed as he stood.

" so what? if he wants to pass out drunk, let him" Slim scoffed. Blue sent a glance over to Sans- there was no flush of magic across his skull, no signs of drinking too much at a bar. He ignored Slim's poor judgment as he headed over to the closet to gather extra blankets to use instead of the sleeping bag. Once he covered the smaller in the blankets, he pressed a hand to his head to check his temperature. Cold to the touch.... that wasn't good. He had to of been outside for a while. Blue hesitated, should he check him? It was pretty invasive, but how else would he know if it was an emergency or not? If Sans had low Hp like Red or his brother, being outside like this could be very dangerous.