Chapter 25- After

~1 day later~

"Let's go we're moving up", said Daryl as he headed over to Phillip. Phillip, who now had a big beard on his face, sat there on a tree log, staring at the ground. "Did you hear me?" Phillip stood up and walked with the rest of the group on the highway.
"The car has little fuel, so we decided to leave it here and come back when we find some", said Glenn.
"That's fine as long as someone doesn't steal it", said Phillip.
"I left the map of the way we got here from the prison in there", said Ron.
"That car sucked anyway", said Daryl. "I'm still surprised all 8 of us fit in there"
"Well we let you sleep in the trunk the whole time so you shouldn't be complaining", said Carley.
"I'd keep it how it was, Carley on Phillip's lap and Jimmy on his father's, it shouldn't be problem", said Glenn.
"But I get to sleep in the trunk this time", said Merle.
"I'll pass on that offer", replied Daryl and Merle laughed.

"Hey", said Jimmy to Phillip as he stopped walking. Phillip stopped along side of him. Jimmy looked at him. "You should stop."

Phillip looked at him funny, "Stop what?", asked Phillip.

Jimmy looked down to the ground and then back up. "Being the leader", he said softly. "Let my dad and Daryl handle things..... You need a break."

Phillip stopped and looked Jimmy for a second. "Let's catch up", he said as he started jogging towards the group.

A horde of zombies, coming from the other direction of the highway, we're headed for the group. "Let's go", said Merle and everyone ran far into the woods except Daryl. He stopped at one of the trees and pulled his knife out.

~1 day later~

"Aaahhhhh!" Phillip woke up next to a big sized pond surrounded by bushes and heard a scream. He closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep. "Aaahhhhh!" Phillip heard the scream again and this time he looked around. He saw Jimmy trying to fight off a pack of zombies on the other side of the large pond and all Jimmy had was a knife.

"Jimmy!", yelled Phillip as he got up and started running through the pond. The water was splashing up all over his legs and when he ran faster, the higher the water splashed. Phillip got to the other side of the pond and Jimmy was still stabbing the zombies left and right. Phillip ran through the bushes to Jimmy and shot all of the zombies with a handgun. Phillip walked up to one of the dead zombies on the ground and noticed something. He moved the body around and kept on looking at it.

"What is it?" asked Jimmy as he walked closer to where Phillip was.

"Look. It's got no bites", replied Phillip. He looked at Jimmy in a confused way.

"Yeah, none you can see."

"It's neck is broke."

"Any scratches?" Jimmy took a closer look at the zombie.

"No, I'm telling you, he died from this." Phillip and Jimmy looked at each other.

"How's that possible?"

"I don't know."

"Hold on a minute. Back at the Prison, Tyreese became a zombie and killed-"

Phillip cut off Jimmy: "No. That's not possible. I saw Rick shoot Tyreese in the chest and then he died instantly."

"No. He bit Rick and I shot him. And when I looked at him after I put him down, he wasn't bit or nothing." A zombie grabbed Jimmy's shoulder, but a bullet went through the zombie's head. Phillip and Jimmy turned around and saw a muscular, bald, white guy holding a gun. He had a girl with long brown hair standing next to him.

"My name is Jason Daniels and this is my daughter, Julie", said the man. Phillip looked back across the big pond and saw the group coming back with supplies and gasoline.

~Same Day (Night)~

Everyone was sitting around a small camp fire eating deer meat and talking to each other. "In the morning we'll pack our things in the cars and continue on with the plan. Go to D.C and find out what the hell happened", said Merle.

"There's nothing there", said Jason. Everyone looked at him confused.

"How do you know that?", asked Keith just before taking a bite of his meat.

"All of us went down there to find out the same thing you guys want to know. We also went there looking for sanctuary. When we got down there, we were too late. The biters attacked guards, soldiers,...... my people,...... my wife,...... my father. When my wife and dad got bit, I took my daughter out of that place and we eventually got here." Julie looked at her father in a funny way and Phillip noticed that.

"You sure? We heard a podcast from Washington that the president was still alive and that they had a safe place", said Daryl.

"They're lying!", yelled Jason. Jimmy and Julie moved away from the rest of the group and sat down alone together.

"Calm down big guy. Calm down", said Glenn. Jason started crying.

"Don't ever accuse me of lying ever again!", said Jason. Jimmy and Julie were having a nice, sweet conversation by themselves away from the group.

"Did you say your name was Jason Daniels?", asked Carley.

"Yeah", replied Jason.

"My 12th grade science teacher at my old high school was Mr. Jason Daniels. That's not you is it?" Carley looked at him curiously.

"No that was my father. I'm Jason Daniels Jr. My friends call me J.D."

"This was a cool story, but let's get back to the D.C part of the conversation please", said Ron. Jimmy and Julie walked quickly and silently into the woods holding hands.

"No no wait. Your father died a week before Spring Break when I had him", said Carley.

"Didn't you just say your father was bit back in D.C?", asked Daryl.

"Did I? Noooo. Well time for bed, where's Julie", asked Jason. Jimmy and Julie were kissing behind a tree in the woods.

"Where's Jimmy", asked Ron. He looked around and didn't see him.

"Ahhhhhh!", a high pitched scream came from the woods. Everyone ran towards the woods.

Jimmy stabbed one zombie in the head up against a tree while another headed towards Julie. The knife was stuck in the zombies head. The zombie got closer to Julie and Jimmy tackled it. He now had no knife to kill it and he was struggling to make sure it didn't bite him. He and the zombie rolled over and now the zombie was on top of him.

"Run, Julie", said Jimmy while struggling to hold the zombie up. Julie looked at him in fear. "Go!" The zombie inched closer to his face and Jimmy was losing his strength and his grip. Jimmy knew he was gonna die. He whispered "Goodbye world", and let loose of his grip. As the zombie was about to bite him, an arrow went through the zombie's head. Jimmy looked and saw Daryl with his crossbow aimed and the rest of the group running up behind him. Julie ran to her dad and hugged him.

Jason walked up to Ron and said, "Your son is no longer allowed to go anywhere near my daughter."

~15 minutes later~

Everyone was sleeping except Phillip, Jason, and Daryl who was on watch. Jason stared at the half burning fire, sitting next to Julie's sleeping bag. Phillip walked up to him and sat down next to him.

"Thanks for not totally freaking out over the Jimmy situation ", said Phillip. Jason looked at him.

"Just make sure, that boy doesn't come near her, ever again", said Jason.

"That's understandable", said Phillip.

"But I'm sorry for getting all mad when I thought you guys were calling me a liar", said Jason.

"It's ok. But, I can tell you ARE hiding something. And it's pretty obvious." Jason stared into the fire with a frightened look in his eye. "But that's your business. If you feel the need to hide something, go right on ahead. But, if that thing you're hiding harms or kills my girlfriend, that boy, or anyone else..... I'll kill you."