Chapter 14- Welcome To The Tombs

Daryl and Don started to bang on the door.

"Let us out of here", yelled Don. Don paced back and forth while Daryl was still banging on the door. Don starred at a poster with a cat hanging from a tree with the words, "Just Hang In There". Daryl walked over and looked at the poster too. Then, Rick walked in with a plate of food in his hand and two guys holding guns behind him. Don and Daryl looked Rick in his eyes as he and the other men backed out of the room. They started eating the meat that was on the plate. As Daryl was eating the meat he noticed drops of blood on the floor. Daryl stood up.

"What is it?", asked Don.

"There's a trail of blood on the floor", said Daryl. Daryl followed the blood trail. It led to the poster. Don stood up and followed Daryl. They stood in front of the poster, they looked at each other and then Don lifted the poster up. There was a small tunnel that was dark and long.

"Let's go", said Daryl.

"What if they come back, and we are gone?", asked Don.

"Hopefully we'll be long gone", said Daryl. The guys went through the tunnel. After about 20 minutes, they reach the end of the tunnel. The end of the tunnel led to another building that was made up into more tunnels. There was a sign on the wall that said, "The Tombs".

"Which way do we go?", asked Don.

"Let's split up. I'll go right, you go left", said Daryl.

"I don't like that idea, we don't even have any weapons", said Don. "Let's both go left."

"Fine", said Daryl. Both of them went to the left. After 10 minutes of walking, a zombie walked up from behind them. Daryl turned around, shoved it to the ground, and smashed its head in with his foot.

"Nice!", said Don. They kept walking, another zombie came up from behind. Neither of them noticed. The zombie came up and bit Don on his shoulder.

"Awwww", Don screamed in pain. Daryl turned around and threw the zombie on the ground. Both of them ran away. The guys came upon three zombies at the end of the tunnel that blocked the exit door on the right.

"I'm getting you out of this!", yelled Don. Before he did though, he whispered something into Daryl's ear.

"No! Wait!", yelled Daryl. Don ran up to the zombies and held them against the wall.

"Go! Get to somewhere safe! Go!", yelled Don. The zombies started to eat Don as he was still holding them against the wall. Daryl ran past Don, and went out the door.