Chapter 20- Gone Too Far

"What happened?", asked Ron as he and Jimmy sat next to Lori's dead body.

"While everybody was out, she was bitten by a walker that got in. I cut off her arm to try to stop the infection from spreading, but it didn't work", answered Hershel.

"What just happened?", asked Ron as he looked at Phillip.

"I saw her laying there, in the bed. I was about to run out to tell you when she got up and walked towards me. I didn't know if she was a walker or a person. She grabbed me, so I shot her and then that's when you guys walked in", said Phillip.

"Guys, I need to tell you something", said Daryl as he climbed on top of a table to speak to the group. "In the car, that voice we heard, talking about a place called Terminus. You are right, it is a lie. They capture people, take their stuff, but I escaped before I could find out what happened next. That place is the reason why my best friend, Don, is not here today."

"What do you mean?", asked Glenn.

"Exactly what I said. They come out looking for people, and take them to their camp. They tell you that it's a place where you'll be safe for the rest of your life, but it's not. It's all a damn lie", replied Daryl. A loud explosion went off out side the Prison. Everyone ran outside and saw a huge tank with Rick standing on top of it. There were two cars and two trucks full of people around the tank and a man controlling the tank.

"You guys stay here, I'm gonna see what this is", said Phillip. He ran down the driveway and stood in front of the fence where the people are.

"Hello sir, would you like to join us, we have a little settlement up the road aways, and we are looking for new people", said Rick.

"Why do you have a tank with you?", asked Phillip.

"Protection. Would you like to join us?", asked Rick.

"Guns are protection, a tank is an act of force", answered Phillip.

"We are recruiting new people, would you and your people like to come back with us?", asked Rick.

"What's the name of your place?", asked Phillip.

"Terminus. You might have heard our announcement on the radio", said Rick.

"We have. Are you the leader of your group?", asked Phillip.

"Yeah, but they only chose me because nobody else was around", replied Rick. Daryl walked down the driveway.

"Hey Rick! Nice to see you again", said Daryl.

"Hey dude! How's Don doing?", asked Rick just to annoy Daryl. Daryl clenched his fist.

"Do you even know why you do the things you do?", asked Daryl.

"You guys are coming with us, by choice or by force. What's it gonna be?", asked Rick. Phillip pulled out his gun and shot towards Rick. Daryl shot his crossbow and the arrow hit the driver of one of the cars in the head. Rick hid behind the tank as Daryl and Phillip ran back up to the Prison.

"Everyone, get a gun, we're making a stand!", yelled Daryl.

"Get in your cars, get in your trucks, we're moving in. You kill them all" commanded Rick.

"Let's move!", yelled the driver of the tank. He drove the tank through the fences and drove towards the Prison. Merle threw a grenade at one of the cars and exploded the car. Rick and 5 other men were walking behind the tank and trucks. The tank shot at the Prison and exploded one of the walls while everyone shot at each other. The tank drove up and parked in front of the Prison. Tyreese had cut a hole in one of the fences, gone outside the Prison fences, and tried sneaking up behind Rick. Tyreese was quietly walking towards Rick and the others. He was about to shoot when Rick turned around and shot Tyreese in the heart. He died instantly and Rick kept on walking towards the Prison. Merle shot a guy in the head, and then Glenn shot someone else in the head. Zombies had broke in through the fences behind the Prison and were heading towards the prison group. Daryl shot two guys in the head, and then shot someone driving one of the trucks. A zombie came up behind Daryl but Hershel shot it. Daryl nodded at Hershel and then kept on shooting at the Terminus group. Ron shot a man in the head and then someone shot Ron in the shoulder. The zombies heard him screaming and headed towards him. Merle shot someone who tried sneaking up behind Glenn. Daryl then shot a man who tried sneaking up behind Merle. Two guys then cornered Hershel, and he thought that that was the end for him. A bullet went through the one guy's head, and then a bullet through the other guy's head. Hershel looked to the left and saw Jimmy with a handgun.

"Nice job kid", said Hershel. Jimmy nodded at him to say your welcome. There were two guys left, Merle shot one, and Daryl shot the other. The tank shot at the zombies, exploded them, and also made a hole in the Prison wall. Daryl dropped a grenade down the tanks barrel and the tank operator jumped out as the inside of the tank exploded. Daryl shot the man in the head with his crossbow.

"That's everybody", said Daryl. "Let's get our things, we are leaving, this place isn't safe anymore." Everybody but Daryl went inside as he got his arrow from the dead body. Daryl went around the tank and Rick punched him in the face. Daryl punched him back and Rick fell to the ground. Rick got back up and tackled Daryl. He stayed on top of Daryl and punched him several times. Rick kept punching him until Daryl's face was bruised badly and he was bleeding. Rick started to choke Daryl to his death. Daryl was trying to fight back, but he couldn't because he was too injured. A zombie came up and bit Rick on his shoulder. Rick screamed in pain and a bullet went through the zombie's head. Daryl looked to his left and saw Jimmy holding up a gun. He helped Daryl up and they looked at the zombie. It was Tyreese as a zombie. They looked at Rick laying down in pain trying to reach for a gun on the ground 5 feet away from him. Daryl kicked the gun away and shot Rick in both of his knees with a shotgun. Rick couldn't move anymore, but he was still alive. Zombies started walking over the knocked down fences and entering the Prison yard. Everybody else had already left the Prison, leaving behind Jimmy and Daryl.

"We gotta go", said Daryl. He and Jimmy left the Prison as Daryl was leaning on Jimmy's shoulder for support. Daryl was badly injured and may not survive the night, but at least he got away from the Prison safely with Jimmy.