Chapter 21- Don't Look Back

~Daryl and Jimmy~

Daryl and Jimmy were walking side by side down a dirt road not far from the prison. Jimmy stopped and looked back from the way that they came from.

"Don't look back", said Daryl as he kept walking. Jimmy caught up to him and started walking next to him again.

"What if they're still back there, what if they're trapped inside one of the cell blocks?", yelled Jimmy. Both of them stopped to talk.

"They got out, I know they did", replied Daryl as he coughed up blood.

"What are you doing? We don't know if anyone made it out alive, we don't know if anyone is alive, and we may be the only two left", said Jimmy.

"I'm keeping us alive. So if we are the only ones left, we can keep it that way", said Daryl as he fell to the ground.

"You need to get some rest", said Jimmy.

"What, am I gonna pull out my nap time blanket and my teddy bear and go to sleep?", asked Daryl sarcastically while still laying on the ground. Jimmy picked up a stick from off the ground, and drew a star in the dirt.

"I'm doing this so that we know that we've been here if we somehow circle back around to this road", said Jimmy.

"We'll know if we come back here", said Daryl.

"I don't see you doing anything. You are just laying there like an idiot", said Jimmy. Daryl got up and they walked down the road.

~Merle and Glenn~

Merle and Glenn were in cell block C gathering weapons and ammo. They both had a bag with guns, ammo, and a couple of knives.

"Ok. Let's move", said Glenn. They walked towards the exit door but Merle stopped and grabbed a grenade. He stuffed it in his bag and continued towards the door. Glenn opened up the door and around two dozen zombies were in front of the door. They charged in as Merle and Glenn dropped their bags and ran towards the cells. Merle opened up one of the cells and him and Glenn ran in. Merle locked the door and backed away. The zombies pressed up against the door and tried to grab them but couldn't reach.

"Dammit", yelled Merle as he kicked the wall.

~Daryl and Jimmy (An hour later)~

They had just cleared out a house on a back road surrounded by woods. Jimmy started looking for food in the kitchen while Daryl went into the living room, laid down on the couch near the front door and fell asleep in minutes. Jimmy walked into the living room with a box of cereal and sat down on the floor next to the couch. He opened up the box and started eating the cereal. Jimmy stood up and locked the front door of the house. He then went out the sliding door in the kitchen, and walked into the woods.

~Daryl (20 minutes later)~

Daryl woke up to five guys talking and walking around to the back of the house. They approached the sliding door that led to the kitchen while Daryl got up and ran upstairs. The men walked into the house and looked around. Daryl ran into the bedroom at the top of the stairs and hid under the bed. The guys continued to search, not knowing that Daryl was upstairs.

"Jimmy", whispered Daryl not knowing where Jimmy was. Daryl could here the guys talking downstairs, but he couldn't understand what they were saying. One of the guys walked up the stairs and walked into the bedroom that Daryl was in. The guy searched around the room for supplies but he couldn't find anything.

"Hey! I found a crossbow and knife!", said one of the guys.

"So?", asked a guy who was walking up the stairs.

"That means there someone in here. Or at least there was", said the guy in the same bedroom Daryl was in. The guy on the stairs walked back downstairs to look at the two weapons. They guy in the bedroom kept on searching the room. He got down on his knees and looked under the bed. Daryl and him made eye contact. Before they guy could yell to the other men, Daryl grabbed the guys neck, and ripped out his throat. Blood started shooting out the man's throat and went all over the floor. He fell on his back onto the floor. Daryl rolled the guy under the bed with him and heard someone walking up the stairs. Daryl took a knife and handgun from the dead guy and rolled out from underneath the bed. The guy saw him and yelled for help. Daryl threw the knife at the guy and hit him in the chest. The guy fell down the stairs and two other men ran up the stairs. Daryl held up his gun but a guy came out of the bathroom and tackled him. He took the gun away from him and tied his hands behind his back with a small rope. The two others guys came up the stairs and looked at Daryl. The one guy put a rag in Daryl's mouth and began to punch him.

"You kill my men!", said the guy while still punching him. "You think you're tuff? You think you can kill all of us?" The guy kept on punching him. After 5 minutes of getting beat up, Daryl passed out.