Chapter 24- Better Angels

~In the Morning~

"We'll know soon enough", said Phillip to the rest of the group at the highway. Daryl approached the camp, just coming from a big tent that was a ways down the highway. Everyone looked at Daryl who had blood on his knuckles. Daryl took a drink of water and then threw the bottle over to the woods.

"He's got 30 men and there not looking to make friends. Them boys come through here, we're dead, and the women are gonna wish they were", said Daryl.

"What do we do? Kill him?", asked Merle.

"Sounds like a good plan", said Carely.

"It's settled, we do it today", said Phillip.

~1 hour later~

Everyone was sleeping except Jimmy who was on watch and Daryl who was next to Keith's tent that was far away from the camp. Jimmy was humming a song that he could remember from a long time ago. Jimmy heard, something climb on the car that he was on, so he turned around. He saw a zombie lunge towards him. Jimmy jumped off the car, but he couldn't find his gun. The zombie went towards him and Jimmy ran into the woods, trying to lure it away. Daryl saw him being chased by the zombie, so he ran down the highway, after Jimmy.

~15 minutes later~

Daryl walked along a small mountain, looking for Jimmy. He looked down the steep mountain, looking for him. Daryl turned around and a zombie grabbed him. Daryl and the zombie fell down the steep mountain. They both rolled down it, hitting about every tree along the way. When Daryl got to the bottom, he had a big cut on his side, and the zombie was dead with its head crushed by Daryl's leg. Daryl passed out for awhile at the bottom of the mountain.

~20 minutes later~

Everyone at the highway camp was out of their tents panicking.

"Daryl and Jimmy are gone, some biters must have came by, and they tried to lure them away", said Carley.

"Or Daryl kidnapped him", said Ron.

"Glenn and Merle, you two head up the highway and look for them", said Phillip.

"I'll stay here and make sure the women and children are safe", said Ron.

"It's only Carley", said Merle.

"Me and Hershel will look in the woods for them", said Phillip. Everyone but Ron and Carley scattered to look for Daryl and Jimmy.

~Jimmy~

Jimmy climbed up a tree quickly as the zombie followed close behind. The zombie tried to reach up the tree, but wasn't tall enough. Jimmy started to slip off the tree, so he grabbed on even harder. Jimmy started to cry, knowing that he was gonna die. Someone came up behind the zombie, threw it on the ground and stomped its head in. Jimmy looked down, and saw Keith standing there, with his hands still handcuffed. Jimmy thought for a second, and then jumped down to Keith, and they walked back to the highway.

~Daryl (15 minutes later)~

Daryl laid there in the dirt, almost asleep, when someone walked up in front of him. Daryl opened up his eyes and saw Don standing in front of him.

"How about you patch up the cut dummy, it will heal faster", said Don. Daryl laughed. "What's going on here? You taking a nap or something?"

"Shitty day bro", said Daryl still laying in the dirt.

"Want me get you a pillow? Maybe rub your feet?", asked Don.

"Screw you", said Daryl. Don laughed.

"You're the one screwed from the looks of it. All those weeks I tried making a man of you, this is what I get? Look at ya. Laying in the dirt like a used rubber. Your gonna die out here brother. And for what?", replied Don.