Chapter 19

RECAP: Chapter 18

"But, I'm too young fo' this shit." I said.

"You never too young to love nigga." Wiz said.

"You goin' soft my nigga?" I joke.

"Prolly, but hell, I got my family. I don't regret that shit. You the one who fuckin' up at a young age my nigga." Wiz chuckles.

"Just sayin' 'cause expect a female to say that shit, not a nigga, unless he a soft one." I joke.

"So you admit to lovin' Nicki?" Safaree asks me.

I get up to meet face to face wit' him. Here we go again.

Nicki Minaj POV

RECAP: Chapter 18

"Don't'chu worry y'all... I won't say nothin'."  Cassie says, laughin' .

And, before I know it, I have Cassie's arm in my hand. "Cassie wait!"  I said.

"August, go!" I said.

I am embarrassed, scared, and highly pissed all at once but not wit' Cassie, August, Safaree, nobody else but myself. I don' did all my dirty tricks and it finally blew up in my face and now I must suffer the consequence. I wrote the lyrics, played the keys, and now it's time for me to face the music.

I watch how August leaves the room wit' nothin' else or no eye contact wit' either of us; he just leaves. After August closes the door on us I release Cassie's arm as I walk away from her and breathe.

I hear her heels click to the floor as I take further steps of gettin' away from her and no matter what, I still hear her gettin' closer.

"Cassie," runnin' my hands up my face as I take a deep sigh. My heart feels like it dropped and fell out of my ass. I am so embarrassed.

"I can explain it... All... I apologize fo' what you just saw Cassie." I said, tryna not cry in front of her.

"Nicki," Cassie says.

"What is goin' on wit' you? What the hell did I just see?" Cassie asks.

"Ion Cassie. Stuck? Confused? Ion what's wrong wit' me." I said, sittin' down.

"Nicki, you know the truth, now spill," she says as she sits down beside me.

"The truth is, is that... I love him more than anythin' in this world. I wanna be wit' him and spend the rest of my life wit' him." I said.

"I might regret askin' this, but, whatever happened to Safaree?" Cassie asks. I just shrug.

"We fell apart." I said.

"People don't just fall apart Nicki. You don't stop carin' 'bout somebody. You just don't! " Cassie said.

"So, somethin' went wrong wit' you and Safaree , and it's not healthy to keep it all bottled up inside of you either. " Cassie says.

"You're just bein' nosey." I said.

"Nicki, please, I am yo' friend - not some random bitch onna street - yo' friend - tell me." Cassie said.

"I found out... From a friend.... That he's been cheatin' on me. Ion how long, when, why, I just know he has been cheatin' on me. So, I made a mistake of doin' the same, and, I told him face to face," I continue.

"I made a mistake of tellin' him, and, we just fell apart without makin' up, or anythin'. We are over now." I said.

"I am so sorry Nicki," she says before I fall into her arms are cry.

"It's okay... I'm fine Cassie. It just hurts and I need time to get over it." I said, sniffin'.

"I am happy and much betta wit' August anyways. But, ion, sometimes I feel like it's a mistake."

"Y'know, like mama always told me, if you love something or someone as much as you say you do than there are no mistakes ; no regrets." Cassie says, continuin'.

"Actions speaks louder than words. And, after that lil' stunt of y'all's I'm pretty sure y'all love each other.  I use to be that way wit' Sean before I realized that damn I really love this man and even tho' there a big age dfference.... I do not care 'bout that. I love him. " Cassie said.

"Damn, that was really good." I said, noddin' my head.

"Now, you need to decide who you love 'cause only you can decide that fo' yo'self." Cassie said.

"Figure out who yo' man is and go after him already and stop worryin' so damn much." Cassie said.

"Alright, thanks girl! You were a lot of help." I said givin' her a hug.

I get up and walk outta the studio wit' Cassie as I go to the car and get inside and be on my way home.

***

Later on today I am inna house by myself while August is gone out wit' the boys meanwhile I am gettin' myself ready to go out wit' the girls. But, before I do, I'ma go to August and see him since his text clearly says he wanna talk to me. So, the girls are outside waitin' on me to come on wit' them so we can have the  time of our lives.

I get inna car and tell 'em what's up before we get ready to go off to see my man August 'cause he wants to talk.

When we pull up to the parkin' lot of the club he is at, I get out and go inside to find him.  And, as I search 'round fo' him, I finally find him but wit' Safarre in his face.

I run over there to stop them when I am too late.

"Safaree, no!" I scream.

Pow! Goes off from the gun that Safaree shots off.