Chapter 10

Three days later...

Nicki Minaj POV

Shortly after my recovery, August took me back home so I can be alone fo' some time. I mean after findin' out that I had a miscarriage and all of that; it's upsettin'. Although,  I ain't really want a child, but, I kinda at the same time did. I felt like it was too soon fo' me, and, if I did bring a child inna world, the father needa be there. I'm not tryna have one guy thinkin' he the father and he not and then I'm left lookin the fool and my child hurt.

I guess that it wasn't meant fo' a baby from me yet, maybe God took the baby fo' a reason. If so, then he was right fo' it 'cause it's just not the right moment.

Y'know, the fact of knowin' that I was few weeks into pregnancy was both intense and excitin'. However, losin' the life of a child before it even gotta chance at life. This takes me back to when I was younger, out there being fast, I winded up pregnant. Scared to death, ain't no how to handle and be the woman I was when I was foolin' 'round. I gave that life up before it even gotta chance to live 'cause I was selfish.

I prayed that the next time I make foolish mistakes; I would own up to it. But, instead, God prevented me to live through my mistake and become a woman. Yeah, yeah, I know that it woulda been hard, but hell I would be damn to abort the baby.

Sadly, the baby died within me, which, cause all those terrible pains that I been havin'. And, truth be told, I think that night when Safaree beaten me, played a big role in the death of the baby.

I'm tellin' ya that August would not leave me all alone, unlike somebody did; he stayed by my side. Even though he ain't shed a tear, I could tell that it bothered him a bit. August wanna act all tough but I know that it hurt him 'cause there was a 50/50 chance. A 50/50 chance that I coulda been carryin' his baby - lil' baby August - coulda been Safaree's.

And, I know I am crazy but I went down to the police station to see 'bout Safaree. They ain't lettin' him go 'cause he came up on August's property, and started a problem. August did what he had to do - when I saw Safaree - he was jacked the hell up.

"I'm sorry August," whispered in his ear.

"It coulda been yo' baby, and - and. I lost the baby." I cried. August holds me in his arms.

"Y'know what... God works in mysterious ways. Maybe it wasn't the right time to have a baby."
August said.

"But still..." He cut me off.

"But still nothin'. Besides, to be fair, the baby coulda been either mines or Safaree's. " August said.

"We don't need that kinda attention," he added.

"Yeah," I sniffed.

"You'll get through this girl. I promise you that it'll be betta." August smiled.

"You do?" I asked him. I needed him to confirm it.

"Yes," he grinned.

I snap outta the thoughts from the previous days of August carin' fo' me and all. It was nice of him to even bring me clothes so I wouldn't of had to wear the same thing.

But, at least some good comes out of it, 'cause Beyoncé hits me up (well not aactually her, the producer) and tells me that she wants me to do a remix wit' her. On her song, Flawless, she wanna have me on it as well.

Do you know how long I been tryna get onna song wit' her? I did a remix (fo' my mixtape)  of Single Ladies and all. But, now it actually happens, I get to do a song wit' Queen B.

And, she gets to do a song wit' the Queen of Rap.

So, I'ma go down to the studio later on tonight and record it wit' her.