DROGO Chapter 23 (Professor Sebastian)

Start from the beginning

Alex: "Can you give these to Professor. Jones?"

I took a look at those papers.

ME: "Okay but what are they?"

Alex put a hand on his forehead making an ashamed face..

Alex: "Actually the Professor had asked me to collect the assignments and give it to him at 4th period but I totally forgot."

I widened my gaze in surprise.

Me: "What??"

Alex: "Yes and now I am in to mood to get scolded please please please give it to Professor."

Me: "And get scolded by him?"

Alex: "Noo he won't say a word to you as you are one of his favorite and a girl."

I laughed totally shaking my head.

Me: "Hah and you think he'll have mercy on me?"

Alex: "Come on Please."

Me: "Ugh okay but if he ask I'll act innocent."

Alex: "Okay done."

And he ran towards the exist.

Me: "Wait a minute! Where is he?"

Alex: "5th floor Room Number 3."

Me: "Okay!."

I arranged all the papers in an order... then I started climbing the floors, I can't believe it they have made this huge building and didn't even arrange an elevator I mean dude Seriously?

Shaking my head I climbed the floors and then I knocked the door.

"Come in."

I opened the door a little and saw Professor Jones working on some papers, I came silently and observe his reaction, as he saw me he stood up.

Prof. Jones: "Oh Miss. Smith, what brings you here?"

Me: "Uh... Actually these assignments."

He looked at those papers, and then closed his eyes for few seconds then he put his hands on his lips outlining his mouth; he looked towards me.

Prof. Jones: "I had asked for it hours ago."

Me: "I didn't know Alex gave me them few minutes ago and he told me that you had asked for it."

(Okay I told him I'll be like innocent one... But leaving him in such situation is making me fee; kind of guilty.)

Me: "Actually Professor, he had forgotten."

Prof. Jones: "And told you to bring me that so he thought in that way he'll get away?"

(Have I made things hard for him?)

I feel awkward... I wanted to minimize the tension but I by telling the truth maybe I have made it even worse. I should've left Alex to explain himself rather than intruding myself in such matters.

I look at Professor who was still looking at me.

(Have I made things hard for myself as well?)

Thinking about the sequence of my thoughts I hold back a laugh.

I offered him the assignments looking ashamed of myself... I thought about asking him all the questions that are disturbing me but I don't know if its a good idea. So I was walking quietly towards the exit when he called my name.

Professor. Jones: "Hope."

I turned towards him.

Me: "Yes sir?"