DROGO Chapter 12 (A Maze Of Corridors)

Professor Sebastian, whose class I had missed looked to me with an indifferent look he left his grip and I regained my composure.

"I was wondering why didn't you attend the class, Miss?"

(Shit I am gone now.)

"Hope Smith and sorry sir I was late today, that won't happen again." I said in a low, ashamed voice.

(No professor, I wanted to enjoy the morning, but of course I can't tell you that. Well at least I didn't lie)

"No need to give me any excuses Miss Smith. From what I can see you are an active student, as a freshman refrain from damaging your image." He said gently in a parental voice and I nodded.

"Now if you excuse me." without waiting for my response he left me.

I sighed and went into the classroom

(Just my luck and karma right?)

I entered the class; it's time for English now I noticed Ivan sitting on the second last row. I waved to him expecting him to see me, as he noticed me, his face glows and he rushes towards me,

"Hello." Ivan said in a cheerful way.

"Heyyyyy." I raised my hands for a high five and he quickly responded it.

"You look in a great mood today girl." He chuckled

"Yes today I am feeling ecstatic." He looked shocked.

"Why?" I shrugged "Well, because I am. Am I not allowed to be happy now?"

He looked at me with an inquisitive eye then he changed the topic,

"So where are we sitting?" He asked

"Well I am going to sit in the front." I replied to him and he made an annoying face.

"Come on sit in the third row at least, first rows are soo." I glared at him and he continued hesitantly "Umm you know I don't feel comfortable here I mean the teacher can catch you easily if you do something and they always ask questions to the first row students."

"And yeah only intelligent students sit on the first row." I added, he knew I was trying to tease him he raised his eye brow. "Heyy." He nudged on my shoulder and I laughed. Then he looked at me with a puppy eyes. I saw Professor coming in the classroom.

"Okay for now but next time I'll decide where to sit." I whispered in his ears and he propelled me to the third row. Students were standing to show respect to Professor, like me and Ivan.

"Sit down please."

We all sat down waiting for the professor to continue.

"According to our schedule, I am going to teach you poetry today. Those who do not have the books may go out."

I checked my bag (Thank god I have it) Ivan also had a book. No one goes out from the class. Professor raised an eyebrow giving us a questioning look

"So everybody has poetry book."

Silence

"Of course some students do not bring books, seems like we are going to have a movie here." Ivan whispered in my ear and I looked at him "sshh" I make that sound in order to shut him up.

"Miss Smith."

(Shit)

"Yes sir"

"Show me your book." I raised my book so he could see it easily.