Chapter 32-Sarcasm

I couldn't move my legs more than a couple of inches, but the tissues were healing and reconnecting which was a good sign. I was just relaxing when Satan walked in and hissed at me, "Still lazing around?"

I kept my eyes closed, "Still being a dick?"

Duncan sighed, "Look, you're stuck here until you can walk right?"

"Unfortunately. Trust me, I know you don't want me here so I'll hurry up and try to heal faster so I can be out of your hair."

"I'm glad you know your place in my house, but I was thinking that you should help with the war efforts. It'll be like paying your rent."

I scoffed and looked up at his face, "The werewolves, however corrupt their leader is, shouldn't pay the price for my mistakes. I know you're mad at werewolves because of me and because they killed your father. I know that, but it's not the people's fault, the queen has them wound around her old and wrinkly fingers. If I can take her down, I can guarantee the end of this damn war."

He studied my face, "First of all, I think you have an ego issue. Secondly, how can I trust you?"

I thought about that one. I waved for him to come closer. He rolled his eyes and did it. I reached out for his hands and grasped it. Tingles shot through my hand and up my arm. It left me with a fuzzy warm feeling. He whipped it away quickly, "What the hell? You can't do that. Never."

I put my hands up in surrender, "I won't, but did you feel that? We're mates whether you like it or not. If I hurt you, I feel the pain and if I kill you, I'll die. If I'm as selfish as you say, I won't kill you or hurt you because it'll hurt me too."

He glared at me, "Fine, but touch me again and I'll chop off your balls and trust me, It'll hurt you more."

I let out a breath that I was holding in. I didn't realize that I was really holding my breath. "So, you'll help me take out the queen instead of fighting her troops?"

"It's a do-gooder idea, but it's unrealistic. You literally cannot walk and you expect to take on the queen? Do you even know the extent of her power? There's a reason that not many turn on her."

I shook my head, "If I'm being honest, I don't know much about her, but my brother Lyle does. He knows her more than anyone here."

"Are you doubting me? I've told you before that I prefer to know my enemies and she's my enemy isn't she?"

"Oh, so you know her lycan abilities and combat capability then?"

He scoffed, "The later."

"Mhm, I thought so."

He started to walk out, "I'll get your mutt friends and my comrades and we'll make a plan."

I growled, "Watch what you call them! They're my comrades!"

He laughed, "Mmm, right."

He left, but I took a little pleasure in his laugh. It was so deep and smooth. I was thinking about him when Taurus pushed his way into my thoughts, Hey, did you miss me?

Nope, but why have you suddenly started coming back to me?

Xander explained this to you years ago. If you keep me away from my mate, I slowly die. It's as simple as that. A wolf dies without their mate. Since you're around Duncan, I'm getting stronger and healthier.

Oh yeah. Look, I need help here.

Yeah, I'd say so because you fucked up baaaaaaadddd--