Chapter 26--Lyle

"Okay, so this is creepy right? Are you creeped out?" Bell asked me as we descended down the spiral staircase.

"Yeah, it is." A moment later I added, "My mother needs to install electricity in this damn castle and fix it up. I doubt she will though."

We kept walking down until we got to the bottom where an arch led out to a long hallway with cells on each side. We walked in where lamps lit everything and I felt an arm on my shoulder, stopping me. I growled and grabbed the arm and swung the attacker over my shoulder, throwing him on the ground. When I saw it was a soldier, I scoffed, "Stand up."

He did, but very slowly. His partner had to help him up. The other guard looked at me, "What's your business? The queen never informed us that you were coming."

I growled at his questioning, "Don't question me, you worthless bug. I'm here to observe the prisoners of war as a part of my observation, but you don't need to know that. Just be thankful that I haven't ripped you apart for questioning my authority."

He bowed, "Yes Prince. All prisoners of war are kept in the second wing to the right."

I raised an eyebrow, "How many wings are there?"

"3, your majesty. 3 is for the most dangerous criminals, so I urge you to stay away."

"Don't tell me what to do. Let's go, Bellona." I only used her full name when I wanted to sound formal. We walked down the hallway and I heard the guard helping his friend and asking, "You okay man? Damn that look like it hurt."

The other guy groaned and I chuckled. He kinda scared me if I was being honest. We turned and she let go of my hand since we were alone. The hallway had an arch on either side of the wall with painted numbers on top of it. To the right was 2 and 3 was on the left. I checked behind me one more time before slipping through the left arch. I could definitely feel his power as soon as I entered the wing. Bell whispered, "H-He's here." I looked at her and grabbed her hand again to reassure her. I still kept my persona, but I wanted to tell her it'd be okay.

She nervously looked left and right in the cells to see if they were her mate. I got to the last one on the right where this power was coming from. I looked into the dark cell to see a man about my height who was extremely built and chained by his hands and ankles with burns where the chains where. His hair looked to be the same color as mine and there was dried blood everywhere in his cell. I just stared at him, my brother. I looked to Bell who wept. I turned to her, "Bell? What's wrong?"

I crouched by her and before she could answer I heard a low growl and a deep voice grunted out, "Mate."

She covered her face and wept harder and I looked to where it came from. It was Lyle. He said that. I stood up, realizing what it meant. I snarled at him, "You're her mate? Do you know how much pain you've caused her? How can you claim her as your mate after you rejected her?"

He looked at me and then to her with his bruised and beat face. He looked miserable, but I didn't care, "I know. I-I'm so sorry."

I stepped in front of her so he couldn't see her, "No. Don't you dare. I'm basically her older brother so if you fuck with her, you have to get rid of me first."

He let his head drop because he was too weak to hold it up, "Who are you?"

"You don't know who I am?"

"I'm assuming you're a royal or a really important alpha because you're power is radiating off of you."

"I am. I'm your brother actually. My name is Oliver."

He laughed, "Of course she'd do that." He muttered under his breath.

"Do what?"

"Not tell us about each other. I don't know if she told you about me, but I've lived with her my entire life and I have never heard of you."