Chapter 11--Hard lines

Taurus and I didn't sleep that night nor the night after. I was too upset to go home and deal with Martha and so was Taurus. He took a little pleasure from being allowed to run free for close to two days, but I had to reign him in the morning after our second night. I pushed on the screen to let him know I wanted control and to be honest, I think he was glad that our little pity party was over. I was still heartbroken, but I tried to convince myself that he was just a dumb guy and I was overreacting. The key word was tried. No matter how much I tried to move on from Duncan, I just couldn't forget about us rolling down the hill, or his laugh and his intoxicating smell. I eventually came to the conclusion that he wasn't an option and as much as I'd miss him and be miserable, I couldn't let him ruin my eternal life. I groaned at the thought of him being present in my mind for the rest of time. Taurus shifted back to a human and he gave me the reins as he fell into a broken sort of sleep deep within my head.

All of that running left my body sore and stiff, but somewhat light. The sun was right on top of me which meant it was around noon so I started jogging home. My mind was blank the entire way home and thankfully, I thought nothing of Duncan.

******

My parents weren't home so I was able to get in through the back undetected. I quickly went up to my room to shower and put on jeans and a t-shirt before sprinting down to campus. With my unnatural speed, I was on the outskirts of campus by 1:28 and had 2 minutes to get to Calculus 101. I slowed down to what would be a human speed and continued to the appropriate lecture hall.

I had Professor Karowytz(care-o-witz) as my teacher and everybody showed up for her lectures. Everyone knew her finals were hard so you had to be there in order to learn it because otherwise, you were toast. I straightened out my shirt before cooly walking in. As always, the hall was completely full because the college always filled this slot first for some reason. There was only one spot left and my body went rigid when I smelt him. I groaned and tried my best to ignore his gaze. I found the one spot right on the end of the row where he sat. He was literally right next to me. His stare was burning holes in the side of my head and it made my ears turn red. I was feeling so many things at the time.

When Professor Karowytz started, I pulled out my notebook but he leaned close to my ear, "Where were you during chemistry yesterday?"

His question made me so mad. How dare he? After saying he wanted nothing to do with me? I scoffed in reply and tried to focus on the lecture. If we weren't here, I might have actually fought him. He did it again, "Pup, we need to talk. Meet me after class." Hearing him call me pup made me so much madder. On the right side of my paper I wrote, "Never." and underlined it. I wasn't going to meet with this douchebag. He had no right to come into my life just to push me out and pull me in again. No.

Once again, he leaned in, "You owe me a favor remember? I told you what you wanted to know, now I get my favor."

I gritted my teeth and growled out, "Fine."

He smirked, "Great. Meet me by your car in the lot."

I promptly ignored him for the rest of class and at 3:30 she finally let us leave. I couldn't say I was exactly excited though. I stood, leaning on my hood for 10 minutes before Duncan finally showed. I growled at him, "Quit wasting my time, I have a class at 5 and I still have homework to do."

He looked a little hurt by my sharpness and walked around to my passenger seat saying, "Get in. We're going to get some coffee."

I got in on the driver's side, "I don't know if you knew but I don't really drink coffee anymore."

"Well I do, so let's go."

I was so fed up, "No. You don't get to pull this shit. You made it clear that you don't want me. I've spent 2 days in misery and I'm not going to let you barge into my life again. I can't. I can't deal with you messing with my head. I've got other shit to do other than be your little boy toy. Now get out and don't—" I almost started to cry at the last part, but I bit my tongue and finished it, "don't come back."