Chapter 23--Enter Dark Prince

Hey ma doodes :D!!!! I just posted my new story called "Just Passing Through" and I got a whole 1 read lmao! I'm so happy for it though and I'm furiously working on 2 books now so bear with me and my stupid spelling mistakes. I think I get them most of the time, but I've noticed a few slip-ups after publishing. As for this chapter, I had a lot of fun writing it because we really see Oliver's facade. We can see this persona that he's spent 10 years perfecting. Next chapter, I want to really develop the relationship between his mother and him, so be prepared for that. lol, I know that was a lot, but I have one more thing. It might be a day or two before I post a new chapter on here because I know absolutely nothing about war strategy and that'll be somewhat important going forward so I'll have to do some intense research! Sorry for any inconveniences!! Thanks and enjoy the chapters guys!! You're the best!

After a couple of hours, I took control back and steered myself back towards the car. I was mentally slapping myself for worrying them like that. I couldn't let Duncan get to me that easily and I'd be damned to let him know he hurt me. I spent 10 years creating a wall that he tore down in a few sentences. It wouldn't be as easy next time.

I slowed my pace when got to where I left my clothes and waiting for me was Xander. He sat by my clothes as the wind blew through the trees and made a sweet song. It was actually kind of peaceful. When he saw me, he stood up and turned away. I changed back my human form so I could put on my clothes and when I finished he turned towards me with two words. "Fuck you."

I sat against the tree with my knees to my chest. I deserved that from him. I just nodded in reply. I couldn't even look at him because I was embarrassed. He sat next to me and sighed, "My mate, your sister, has been worried for hours. She's been getting so worked up and mad at me! It's like she's on her period. So, fuck you." I couldn't help but laugh a little at that. He smiled at me, "You aren't going to talk about this, are you?"

I shook my head. He sighed, "It's not my business, but whatever had you and your wolf so upset...it has to be dealt with. Soon, you won't be Oliver. You'll be the dark prince, returning home. Pull it together and put on a brave face, okay?"

I still didn't say anything, but I nodded and he helped me up. Walking back, I thought about what he said. If only it was as easy to just put on a face and pull it together. He did have a point about me returning to the castle. I couldn't let my emotions slip while I was there. I had to be ruthless 24/7. I sighed as Ally ran up to me and crushed me in a hug, "Are you okay? You had me so worried! Any cuts or scratches, do you feel sick?"

I shook my head, "I'm fine." She could be such a mom sometimes. I think it was because she wanted her own child so badly. She hugged me again and Bell joined in that time. I couldn't force much of a smile, but I wrapped me in my big arms. I was glad to have such a good family.

Soon we were back on the road again and they all were singing, but I wasn't. I had to practice being cold and distant in the happiest circumstances. I guess it wasn't that hard because I was still really hurt about Duncan. He ripped at my heart with only a few words, yet I still couldn't realize how bad he was for me. I think they understood it was something with Duncan because they stopped asking if I was okay and if I wanted to go back. I just wish I didn't have the stupid mate bond connecting us. If only I was mated to Bell instead! It would've been so much better for both of us.

Okay, you need to stop talking before I decide to take control.

I was amazed, Taurus! Where have you been? Are you okay?

If you must know, I'm not okay and it's your fault. I'm extremely weak and I need my mate. You need him too. We have to get him back.

I can't Taurus, I fucked it up. I'm so sorry that I did this to you.

You did it to yourself too, kid. Look, the only way I'll ever accept that apology is if you try to get him back.