Chapter 8-True Colors

Honestly, I didn't even want to go to basketball. All I could think of was the prince and Duncan and me. How could I not? Within a week I've found out that I'm a werewolf who was turned into a vampire and had a hot vampire mate. I caught myself thinking of how cute he was and I had to quickly shake myself out of it. As much as Taurus and my body wanted Duncan, I didn't. I was still so mad at him. How could he do this to me? I never asked him to turn me into this. I sighed and walked into the locker room. Everyone on the team stopped and stared at me. A silence fell upon everyone. I stopped, "What?"

Ricky stepped forward, "Uh, n-nothing bro. Everybody's fine!" He yelled and glared at everybody, slapping my back and walking with me to my locker. They all slowly went back to whatever they were doing. I looked at Ricky, "What the hell is going on?"

He nervously laughed, "Well, there's a rumour."

I laughed, "Yeah? Is it about how fuckin' awesome my party was?"

"Uh, no not exactly. More like, you're gay."

The smile on my face disappeared, "What?"

"Well, the varsity basketball team saw you leave and the DJ dude both leave and 45 minutes later, they saw you by the edge of the forest in his arms lookin' like you had quite a time. Within a blink of their eyes, you guys were gone. Everyone's been saying you and DJ guy are involved in some weird voodoo gay shit man. Is it true?"

I was so embarrassed and ashamed. It was kind of true. I made it look like I was angry as I stood up on a bench,"Listen up you sheep!" I barked at them, "I am NOT gay and I'm certainly NOT involved in black magic. Black magic can kiss my ass for all I care!" I got down and stomped out onto the court. I was mad for real now. Damn Duncan and his carelessness. I was going to have a nice talk with him later.

Good. Taurus inserted.

Shut up Taurus, I'm gonna kick his ass!

I could feel Taurus swelling with pride at the fact that Duncan and I were seen together. I ignored it and continued on with my rage. The rack of basketballs was off to the right when you came out of the locker room so I grabbed one and started doing layups on the far end of the court. I noticed right away that I was stronger than before. I had to be more careful now because I could easily smash anything in that gym. I finished that drill and moved on to dribbling. Coach strolled up to me to stop me, "What're you doing here Galangos?"

I stood up and looked at his sad and tired face. It looks like he had broken sleep the previous night. I gave him a confused look,"What do you mean? I'm here for practice. We have a game on Thursday. I gotta be ready."

He slowly took the ball from me as the team walked in. They were just as confused as I was, "No, we do. You don't. You're off the team Oliver."

He used my first name which meant this wasn't a joke. I shook my head, "No, Coach, you can't be serious. Please don't do this. I need this team. They're my family."

He put a hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry. The athletic board found out that you're involved underage drinking. By regulations, you can't play. Maybe next year."

My voice was hoarse, "But this season just started! I don't drink coach, I swear. It was a one time thing. It was a party, I'm so sorry. Please do do this."

He said one more thing before turning away, "A guy on the Varsity basketball team came forward yesterday with a picture of the party. That was all they needed."

I stood there, shocked. I just lost basketball. I was going to kill whoever came forward.

You could feed while you're at it. You need one a day ya know.