Chapter 19--Making Peace

"You're mate? You aren't even a werewolf."

She raised an eyebrow, "Neither is Duncan, yet he's your mate."

I sighed, "Okay, yeah. Look, I don't want him fucking around with you, okay? If he even touches you when you don't want him to, I'll--"

She laughed and shook her head, "Oli, it's fine. I'm fine and he's very fine." She wiggled her eyebrows and I almost choked on my spit. She laughed and headed out while I followed with Bell in my arms. We got downstairs and I stayed close to Ally. She pushed her way through the crowd until a guy stood in her way. He was slightly shorter than me and he smiled when he saw her and wrapped his arms around her. I stood there awkwardly, irritated that they were holding me up in the middle of a party. I growled at them and Ally seemed to realize what we were supposed to be doing. She chuckled and stopped hugging him so she could clear the way again. The guy glared at me with his brown eyes and he growled. I raised an eyebrow and stood between him and my sister. I glared at him right back and said, "Who the fuck are you?"

He gritted out, "Back off and get away from her."

My eyes narrowed and I was surprised that he had no idea who I was. It seemed like everyone did in the small town. "You don't know who I am?"

"I know, but I don't care, prince. Why are you with my mate? She's mine!"

I growled again, "My sister is not your possession."

His eyes widened in surprise and he looked to Ally, "Oh! So this is your brother! That's why you said I might not like him." He looked me up and down, "You were right."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes and followed Ally again as she and the guy pushed through the crowds. We got back out to the jeep and Ally hopped in. The guy started to get in, but I stopped him after putting Bell in the passenger seat, "Woah, no way. Get out of my car."

He pulled away from me, "I'm going with my mate."

I laughed sarcastically, "Yeah, uh, it's my house so no. You can see her tomorrow lover boy. Back the fuck off."

Ally quietly told him to just go and he did very reluctantly. While I backed out, he was glaring at me with hate and anger. I sweetly smiled and waved at him. He seemed to get madder and I laughed at that. Ally slapped my arm, but I didn't care. I just pulled out of the driveway, "Ally, you can see him tomorrow. There's no way I'm letting his arrogant ass come home with you the first night he met you."

Bell stirred a little bit, waking up. I noticed, "Bell?" She groaned and sat there so I assumed she passed back out. Ally was pouting in the back, "Ally? He was being a--"

"Oliver, shut up. He was trying to protect me because you got so aggressive right away! What's wrong with you? Are you mad? Jealous? Are you jealous because I have my mate and yours hates you? Well, guess what, Xander isn't going to fuck me up like you fucked up Duncan! Back off!"

I couldn't say anything to that because she was kind of right. A part of the reason I got so irritated was that she had something that I could never have. The quiet was so tense and no music could fill this quiet. I left it off and Bell was waking up more and more. By the time we got home, she could slowly walk herself. Ally went straight to bed, but I walked Bell down to her room. She walked in and plopped on the bed while I looked around at the plain room. The was were white and she hadn't decorated it. She just left everything plain and even the bedspread was white. It kind of hurt my eyes. Bell started to mumble out some words, "Was what Ally said true? Your mate hates you?"

I sighed, "Yeah. That's true."

She looked at me in her dazed state, "I'm so sorry Oliver, I know how shitty that feels."