Chapter 27--The Vampire King Part 1

"Sir? It's ready."

"I'll be there to check it out in a second." I sat on my throne and thought about Oliver for the 500th time since I woke up nearly an hour ago. In a week he'd be arriving in my domain. That prick thought that because he was royalty, he could treat everyone how he wanted. I know our dwindling numbers wouldn't stand a chance against a griffin in battle but I didn't want him on our side either. It'd inflate that ego of his way too much. I was stuck on what to do. Without the griffin, we'd lose, but he's a part of the package. If I want her, I need him. I got out of my thoughts and started making my way through the clan house to where Oliver and his friends would be staying. I told one of my servants to redecorate Oliver's room in a way that'll make him unsteady and uncomfortable during his stay.

I couldn't say I was disappointed in the style that the servant picked.I walked in and the whole room was covered in sunlight which irritated my skin a bit. Not only did, he put in a ton of windows, but he madeit pink themed. The walls were an obnoxious pink and the carpet was a more flush pink than anything. I smirked at the room and went to feel the bed. It was rock hard and looked so fragile that i was betting he'd break it. The couch in the room floral and the normal TV was replaced with one from the 60's. It was old and didn't even work when I tested it. I laughed, "This is perfect."

The servant left with me because we couldn't take much more of it and we knew it'd work. The rest of the rooms for the others were our standard room, but I was considering remodeling all of them. For consistency of course. The nxt thing on my agenda was to check on the troops dispatched in the coastal towns. They were probably the most important soldiers I had and they couldn't fail.

I got to my war room where I planned strategies and held meetings and briefings with my top advisors. I called them all in and they were meeting me around to center table within 10 minutes. After they all got there I started the meeting, "Okay, gentleman. What's happening?"

They looked at each other for a bit. There was something wrong. I asked again, "What is it? Who has the balls to tell me?"

My most trusted advisor, Kowalski, cleared his throat, "Well, sir. The werewolves have been picking of our troops in the coastal cities."
I roared in frustration, "WHAT? HOW? I THOUGHT WE SECURED THE AIRPORTS AND DOCKS IN THOSE TOWNS! HOW ARE THEY GETTING IN??"

Kowalski looked scared, "We-we don't know sir. We think that they're driving in. Like, in cars."

I took a few deep breaths and reclaimed my temper. "How are they killing us? We have the upper hand there. We know those cities because we've occupied them for years."

Kowalski looked at the other advisors, "I know that they've been killing during the day while we're weakened. I don't know anything else sir."

I gritted out, "Thank you, Kowalski."

I looked around the room at my advisors. These guys were some of the worlds best strategists and they were made to look so stupid by whoever planned this maneuver. I thought about it. We couldn't afford to lose these ports and it'd be an uphill battle to keep them. We could stay there and tell them to hide during the day and work at night. "Tell our troops to mask their scents and to hunt the wolves at night. Tell them to avoid fighting and try to just scratch them. A vampire scratch will kill a werewolf, but not instantly. If they can land a scratch then they need to get out of there after doing so."

Kowalski nodded in understanding, "Sir, we do advise you to move farther south. We have reason to believe that they know exactly where we are."
I nodded, "No. Absolutely not. This is HQ. We need to defend this. What makes you think they know anyway?"
"They're pushing through Canada too. They're pushing towards this location on 2 sides now and that's not good."
I sighed, "Soon, we'll have a griffin on our side and they'll all perish. We just have to hold on a little longer."