Becoming The Decoy

George leads me into the living room. I take a seat next to Ritchie, George sitting on my other side.

"Anyone have any ideas?" John asks, glancing around the room. No one answers him.

My eyes wander over everyone's faces, finally landing on Mabel's.

I stare openly at her for a few moments before she grows uncomfortable. She chuckles awkwardly, "is there something wrong, dear?"

I chew my bottom lip in thought before I finally answer. "No....I'm just thinking..."

George grabs my hand, squeezing it softly, "what are you thinking about?"

"Well....I know you aren't going to like it...but I have an idea..." I say, looking up into his deep, chocolate eyes.

He squints at me for a moment, before nodding his head for me to continue.

I take a deep breath, "so....I think our best bet is going to be..." I pause to look around the room, taking in each boy's grim expression before continuing on. "......Emma turning me in."

"NO!" The three boys chorus together, George turns to face me, his thick eyebrows creased in defiance.

I raise mine in a challenge, crossing my arms, "alright. Let's hear your brilliant plans then."

The room stays silent for a few moments before I speak again, "I know you don't want me to go there...I don't want to go....but it's perfect timing....Samuel got to Emma, so he'll trust her. She just has to play her part to convince him that she's one of them....it could be dangerous for her as well....but we're running out of time...."

George grasps my hand, squeezing tightly, every unspoken protest evident.

"I can do that. I'll gladly do it..." Emma says from behind us. I turn to see her in the doorway holding a tray with coffee mugs.

She walks in and settles the tray on the coffee table, handing us all a cup.

"...are you sure you want to do this?" Mabel asks, a hint of fear in her voice. "You'll have to work closely with him...."

Emma nods without hesitation, "absolutely. It's actually a very good plan. I'll be on the inside...I could even take George in as well! Then we can coordinate the attack from the inside!"

George let's out a deep sigh, an almost growl like sound filling the near silent room.

I place my hand on his cheek, forcing him to look at me. He sighs again before speaking, "....as much as I distrust this entire plan....it would make me feel better if I were to come...that way at least there's one of us going in."

Emma flinches at his harsh words, but keeps her upbeat demeanor. "Okay! Let's eat, then we can start the action."

Paul enters with another tray, handing us each a bowl of oatmeal.

John catches him up on the plan as the rest of us eat in silence.

I lean forward to set my bowl on the table, a dizzying rush of nerves spreading through my body.

I take a deep breath, "you all need to eat before we go.....just in case...and it'll look more realistic if Emma brings me in....unconscious..."

Mabel stands and gestures for Emma to do the same. "We'll clean this up so you can....say goodbye..."

I stand, walking toward Mabel's room, the boys following quickly after.

I sit on the bed as Ritchie closes the door behind us.

Paul sits next to me, turning my head gently with his fingers to face him. "_______, love....are you sure this is a good idea?"

I sigh, "...I hope so....we don't really have a choice..this is going to be our best bet. Emma had Samuel's blood in her when we got here...so there's a very good chance they could track us here, even with their wards...and it could be sooner rather than later...."

They all stay silent, before and I speak again, "...alright, boys.....drink your fill....and remember...I need to uh....be unconscious..."

They all exchange looks before Paul pulls me onto his lap. Ritchie sits next to us, rubbing my back gently as Paul tilts my head back.

He places a few gentle kisses, "...stay safe darling...." he bites me, his fangs sinking in easily. I sigh, letting myself lay limply against him.

Paul drinks his fill, closing his mark before kissing me softly. "...we'll be coming right after you...so be brave, love." I nod, "thank you, Paul...." I kiss him one final time before I feel myself getting pulled onto Ritchie's lap.

He says nothing before biting me, groaning in the back of his throat. I clutch onto his shirt, burying my face into the crook of his neck.

I feel the bed dip as someone sits beside us. Ritchie finishes and seals his marks, kissing me roughly. "...Don't take any shit from them, honey." Ritchie speaks against my lips.

I grin back at him, "I would never." He kisses my nose, "that's me girl."

Suddenly I'm being pulled from Ritchie's lap to straddle John. He grins cheekily at me, "Hello, love."

"Hello, John." I say back, grinning at him. He lays back, hands sliding lower to grip my bum. I giggle and wiggle around, "John!"

He presses a kiss to my lips before rolling onto his side, pulling me close as he pushes my hair away from the throat.

"We'll kick their asses, love." He breathes against the exposed flesh before sinking his teeth in.

I moan almost imperceptibly, gripping John's shoulders tightly. Black tendrils start dancing through my vision, my body feeling lighter by the moment.

I vaguely feel John seal his bite and get off the bed. The empty space is quickly filled by George.

He traces his fingers across my cheek, "...________....my beautiful girl...." He kisses my lips softly, the warmth lingering sweetly as he pulls his head back.

"I don't know what's gonna happen...and that scares me more than you know....but I believe in you...in us....I don't know what they'll do with me...but you need to stay strong..." He says before kissing me.

I nod slowly, "...George.....just act like you think you should....don't go on any crazy vendettas...." I feel tears well in my eyes as anxiety grabs a hold of me.

"shhh...don't cry, love.." George coos, wiping away the stray tear that escaped down my cheek.

I sniff, weakly grabbing onto George, "we'll win this time....we've got to..."

He holds my face softly, pressing his lips to mine before moving them down to my neck. "We WILL win.....I love you....stay strong for us, darling...I need you..."

"I will....I love you, George....please don't leave me..." I beg, feeling panic surge through my veins.

"I won't, my love...when we get out of this, we've got a wedding to plan..."

I take in a deep shuddering breath, my body shaking with nerves, then nod my head. "...I'm ready, Geo..."

George sinks his fangs in, drinking slowly. I feel the blood leaving me quickly, the black tendrils turning to thick black curtains.

My heart rate slows as I start to lose grips on consciousness. I feel my hands drop limply beside me on the bed, and just before I go completely under, I hear one final chorus of 'I love you' from my boys.