Picking Out The Pieces

"Paul." George says, nodding his head to the door behind us.

Paul immediately goes through and we hear vague shuffling for a few moments before he comes back with Mabel passed out in his arms.

"She's out." He says simply, "what should we do with the two of them?"

"Put them in Emma's room, one of you stay in there with them, one of you guard the door." George says with a slight edge to his voice.

Paul carries her off toward the bedrooms without hesitation.

John reaches for Emma but I stop him, "not you, John. You're hurt."

He looks back at me, giving me a small smile.

Ritchie picks Emma up, following the path Paul had just taken.

I peel myself from George, "I'm going to say goodnight to them, I'll be back."

I lightly pad down the hall walking in to Emma's room, finding Paul pulling blankets over the mother and daughter.

I pull him into a tight embrace, "goodnight, Paul...be safe...I love you..." I kiss him slowly, letting my tongue linger on his bottom lip before pulling back.

"Goodnight, ________...I love you, too..."

I exit the room to find Ritchie setting up a little pile of pillows and blankets on the floor.

I smile down at him before kneeling in front of him, pulling him to me in a slow, bruising kiss.

I nip his bottom lip before pulling back, "Goodnight Ritchie, I love you..."

He presses his lips to my cheek, "Goodnight to you, ______...sleep well. I love you..."

I smile at him one last time before rising to my feet walking back to John and George.

"Alright, Johnny boy. Let's get you all better, yeah?" I say, looping my arm around his waist, leading him to Mabel's room.

I hear George follow us, shoes thudding steadily against the hard wood.

I flick the light on, then move in front of John. I open the buttons on his shirt quickly, pushing it off his shoulders.

Walking behind him I assess the damage; many shards of ceramic are jammed into his back, angry streaks of blood trail down to his trousers, staining the soft fabric.

"Oh, John...." I whisper, gently touching his arm.

He gives me a dry chuckle, "What's the word, doc?"

"Well...to be quite honest, this is going to hurt like a bloody bastard..." I say sympathetically.

"Christ John..." George says inspecting his back with me, he pats John's shoulder, "good luck."

I turn to George, "Geo, love, can you get me a few rags, some peroxide, tweezers, and a dish?" I ask, batting my eyelashes sweetly.

He grins crookedly at me, "sure darling, I just need a bit of a deposit for my efforts, I'll take the rest later.." I smile as he gently tilts my head to the side, molding his warm lips perfectly against mine.

After a few heated seconds he pulls back, "...I'll be back in a moment, love..." He exits the room swiftly.

"Okay, John. Take off your pants and lay on the bed." I say gently pushing him to the large bed in the corner of the room.

"Oooh, bein' all tough and in charge is really sexy.." John purrs, discarding his pants in seconds.

"Alright John, you can think all about me riding the life out of you as soon as your back is better."