Sun Hui pushed open the iron gate that served as security and an entrance. He said to Clyde, "You wrote the letter already?"

Clyde didn't cast him a look, walking slowly beside his short master, "Yes. There was no need for you to read it out. I had entailed everything we saw."

Before Sun Hui could speak, Caroline came rushing towards Sun Hui: "Tell me everything, you quisby!"

"On the contrary, I'm anything but," Sun Hui said. "If I was, I wouldn't have bothered to even find this clue."

"And if you haven't decided you needed to go get a new cane, for crying out loud..."

"It broke," Sun Hui defended.

"And you can walk perfectly fine!" she waved her hands in the air like a mad woman.

"It's not a matter of handicap, it's a matter of wealth and nobility," Sun Hui gripped his new black cane with a gold topper. "All capable nobles have one."

I also just like swinging around a cane, but I won't tell anyone that, thought Sun Hui. He felt a lot more and more like a child these days. Though he technically was one, Richard was seen as stiff and serious due to being charge in businesses and a master of a house. He theorized it could be the side effects and result of wasting all these lifetimes. He's close to snapping from losing his life, or perhaps he's getting closer to returning home.

Caroline scowled, then whispered, "I really hate this Victorian era! It's all about 'what's proper and what's not' business!"

Sun Hui stated at her silently and expressionless.

"The killer is being cocky and hasty. He thinks we can't catch him, it's why he's killing more quickly. According to my memories, he's going to be found in three months. We need to find him in a week," Sun Hui said. "I don't want anyone else dying, and I want things to go speedily enough to focus on...other matters."

Caroline's face went glum, the fiery light in her eyes quickly being distinguished by a pitch of darkness, "You miss him, don't you?"

Sun Hui was taken aback for a second. Did she mean Wang Shuo? Did she remember him?

"Yes," Caroline looked past Sun Hui, as if there was something far more interesting behind her.

Well, there was Clyde, but Sun Hui doubt that. Clyde seemed to show plenty amounts of hatred toward Caroline every time she came over or was mentioned.

"Yes, other matters. I feel like I need to find someone, too," Caroline said softly. "I'm not sure, but I feel like you're not the only one I was destined to meet. I don't know who this person is, really, but my heart remembers. And there's like this emptiness in it that will remain until I find the person my heart recalls."

"Li Tai?" Sun Hui softly questioned aloud. Caroline turned to him, a shudder passing through her.

"Who's that? It sounds...familiar."

"I don't think it's my place to tell you. You need to find out on your own," Sun Hui lifted a shoulder in a shrug.

She looked ready to protest, but thought better of it, and nodded her head in silent agreement.

"Yes, I suppose that would be best, wouldn't it? Well, I must go back and attend to my servants," she adjusted her thin glasses, pushing them further up onto her nose. "But keep me updated. I'll do my best, too, to see if I can pick up leads on where he'll be next. Something tells me I'm rather skilled with searching out people."

And deceiving them. A true spy, Sun Hui thought as she went past him and hoped into a coach that was outside the large fence surrounding the manor. He couldn't believe he never noticed the carriage until now.

Clyde cleared his throat, "You two seemed to be...talking rather passionately about something."

"Yes, I suppose we were," Sun Hui dismissed. He had other things on his mind, such as finding out the truth about Caroline and who she really is. She seemed to be Jin Min, but after the last world Sun Hui couldn't bring himself to trust such a delightful surprise.

"Master, I again say stay away from her. I really don't like her," Clyde states again.

Sun Hui finally turned, "She's a friend, and if you're even one ounce loyal to me, you'll respect that."

Clyde's face turned nasty, and it looked like he wanted to say something just as nasty—but his words were stuck in the back of his throat and a weird noise akin to a breathy groan after being stabbed came out, something like a choke.

Finally he said, "You're friends with her? What next, married?"

"Don't be ridiculous, she's got some man already," Sun Hui waved. Then softly and longingly whispered, "Besides, I cherish someone else."

"Someone...else?" Clyde blinked, like he couldn't understand those two words properly. "There's someone else? How?"

"Why are you making it seem like it's impossible for there to be someone else?" Sun Hui raised an eyebrow. "It's none of your business."

"Oh, yes it is," Clyde said lowly. "But I'm loyal to you, so I'll let it slide for now."

For now? What's that supposed to mean? Sun Hui frowned and inwardly scowled at the unclarity of those words.

[SCHEDULE]
Next week I'm gonna shoot for part two of Jin Min and Li Tai's story and a main chapter. Everything is kinda busy with me finding service hours for NHS and working on musical rehearsals.
~Outcast