The truth

"Hyung!" Jimin exclaimed as he heard the door to his den open, but instead of his most favourite Yoongi hyung, he was greeted with Taehyung clumsily walking through with dinner in his hands. Now it's not as if Jimin was necessarily disappointed at the omegas appearance, he had just grown so accustomed to Yoongi bringing him dinner, that this was rather odd for the omega. It had been a week or so since the panic attack had occurred, and Jimin felt even closer with his Yoongi hyung and his friends. Wow, he could really refer to them as his friends, he hadn't had them for a while before he came here.

"Errrrr, not that i'm not extremely over the moon at your sudden appearance, but... err-"

"I know what you're gonna ask. Where's my precious Yoongi hyung blah blah, well sunshine," he said, mocking the nickname the alpha used for him, "your precious alpha is in rut!" At the discovery of Yoongi being in rut, Jimin felt his face drop. He wouldn't see the alpha for a good few days, and he didn't know how to feel about that.

"Now before you panic!" He yelled, flapping his arms about amusingly, "Me and kookie will be coming most days and will stay with you sometimes, Hoseok and Jin hyung will visit more often over the next few days. It will go by quickly, i promise sunshine." Jimin meekly smiled at the nickname, and quickly gathered himself because he did not need an alpha to keep him calm and he will not, heavily rely on one!
"Thanks taetae, are you staying with me for dinner?"

"I don't see why not, only if you give me a few bites, i'm starved." The eldest of the two just rolled his eyes at the silly behavior of his friend, knowing full well he had eaten a proper meal before he made his way here, Jungkook would have made sure of it.

After Jimin had finished his meal, which by the way, he had to eat by himself because there was no Yoongi to feed him, he fell in to light conversation with the omega about what happens during ruts and heats and all that boring stuff.

"Talking of Yoongi hyung" he wiggles his eyebrows, "you OBVIOUSLY like him!" Taehyung was squealing now, and it honestly reminded Jimin of a couple of 8 year old girls gossiping about their crushes.

"Shut up" Jimin mumbled, gaze fixed down onto the floor. Taehyung began doubling over with laughter, apparently Jimin was 'so obvious' about it that it was rather amusing to the younger.

"Sooooo, have you kissed? Are you going to be boyfriends? Ooooh imagine if your mates! With little pups running around! I can just see it now, all your pups—"

"Taehyung!" Jimin shouted, fed up at the rambling. "No we have not kissed and no i'm not his boyfriend, please drop the subject, you know how i feel about alphas and i don't want to be pressurized into anything too fast, or even think about that."

"You're right chim, i'm sorry. I'm just happy for you, hyung is a good alpha, and he's really fond of you." He exclaimed, looking up at Jimin with guilt filled eyes, obviously regretful that he brought up mating and pregnancy to the omega who had not yet gotten over previous trauma.

Jimin took his best friends hand and squeezed it for reassurance. He began thinking how a couple of months ago, he would have never ever, told someone to drop a subject because he feels uncomfortable, and now here he is telling his friend off. Taehyung was respectful about the topic as he knew Jimins view on alphas, but did he? Jimin thought. And the answer was no. In all honesty, Jimin hadn't told anyone what had happened to him before he came here, they're all presuming things based on stereotypes that were most probably, not far off.

"Sorry tae, you couldn't have known. I haven't been very open with things since i've arrived, i'm trying to push that part of my life behind me, you know? But i know these things are going to keep coming up and i'm going to be fragile about it for a while, so maybe it would be easier to open up, not necessarily now, but some time. I think it would do me good." Jimin was now gripping onto his friends hand so tightly, avoiding all eye contact.

Taehyung leaned forward and tucked a strand of hair behind Jimins ear before letting his hand drop to cup his cheek. "Chim, you're so brave and so strong, I, and the rest of the guys understand it has been hard for you to open up, we respect that. Please don't feel pressured into telling us anything." The eldest of the two smiled fondly up at his friend, and placed his smaller hand over the one on his cheek.

"I don't feel pressured at all taetae. It's just you guys have no idea why i'm reluctant to talk about things and i can't expect you to always tread on eggshells around me." He huffed out a bitter laugh before continuing. "I was promised to the Pack leader." Taehyung gasped. "J-just the whole idea of mating comes with negative connotations for me, like- it's always been forced where i've come from, i would never have a say in anything, let alone against the pack alpha." Taehyung was now stroking his face reassuringly, and was completely patient whilst Jimin stuttered and paused around his words. "And it's the same with pregnancy. I wouldn't have a say whether or not i wanted pups, and they would just breed me over and over again." Tears were now welling in the omegas eyes, but he felt better, lighter. The fact he was opening up to his friend, a comforting and understanding one at that, made him feel a lot better, so he continued to tell probably the hardest part of his story.

"At one point i did get pregnant, twins actually." Taehyung looked surprised for a brief second before fixing up and looking at Jimin fondly. "I lost the pups, you probably guessed that." His vision was becoming blurry as tears streamed down his face, but he still felt a lot better,regardless of how he appeared. "It was funny really, how alphas thought omegas could keep their pups alive with barely any food and shitty living conditions." He said through a bitter laugh. "You can only imagine the punishment i got for that, being told you're useless and 'not fit to carry out the only job you were made to do' ten times a day, it really sticks with you, makes you feel like shit." He huffed out a large breath, but didn't dare look up at taehyung.

"Then came my heat, the worst one i've ever had, I was beaten and bruised when it broke, couldn't move for a week let alone carry pups. But of course i didn't get pregnant and got punished again, and got bred until i was pregnant again. But obviously i lost them as well." He glanced up to see tears in his friends eyes, he was trying to keep it together, for Jimins sake.

"It was downhill from there really, if i thought it couldn't get any worse, it did. But that's for another time. I, I'm just so scared to even think about being near an alpha, let alone mating, but i'm feeling safe here, and that's all that matters."

Taehyung broke down at this. He jumped onto the elder and sobbed in his hold, getting a mixture of tears and snot all over Jimins shirt.

"Chim, you're so strong, so so strong. Fuck, i don't know how you've done it." He sniffled," You're so brave, worth so much more than those assholes. You're safe now, you're safe here, we all love you so much, i love you so much." He released Jimin from his hold and scooted to lay down next to the boy, intertwining their fingers.

"I love you too, Tae."

And with that, he fell into a peaceful slumber, feeling much lighter than he did earlier, he figured it was all down to taehyung.