Birthday Troubles

Start from the beginning

"What....?" I said, shocked.

"Please don't tell anybody!" Steven said, his voice a lot deeper then before. I could only stare at him in shock. He looked at me nervously and said, "Please Luna."

"Y-Yeah, sure," I said, not sure of seeing this big was going to be a good thing or bad thing later. The doors to the barn opened and everybody froze in shock at the sight of Steven. "Looks like I've grown," Steven said, smiling nervously.

"Well then," Garnet said, smiling. "Let's get this party started."

Everybody cheered and I glanced at Steven who smiled. I sighed and smiled, saying, "Hope this party turns out well."

Steven and Connie walked a little way off to talk and the rest of the gems crowded me. Pearl asked, "So what do you want to do Luna?"

"Uh-" I started. But Amethyst grabbed my wrist and said, "Let's go play some games!"

I was jerked after her with the rest following after us. She brought us over to a bat mitten net and she had all of us separate into teams. I was placed with Amos, who smiled at me reassuringly. I smiled back though it was tense. We played a round of two before Steven switched in with Pearl. I sat on the sidelines, sighing.

"You Alright?" Amos asked.

"Yeah," I said. "I just-"

"Luna! Come pin the tail on the donkey!" Circo shouted from the side of the barn. I was about to decline the offer, but Garnet picked me up and put me on her shoulders, saying, "Come along birthday girl."

I laughed nervously, putting on a fake smile. She brought me over to Circo. He smiled and said, "Have you ever played?"

"No, but I know how it goes," I said. He grinned and placed the blindfold over my eyes. I tended up, not being able to see. I felt something slip into my hands that felt like fabric. It took all my will power to not hurt Circo as he placed his hands on my shoulders. I didn't like this game; not if it meant I couldn't see. I felt him start pushing my shoulders, spinning me around and around until I lost my sense of direction.

He grabbed my shoulders, suddenly stopping me. He pushed me slightly forward, directing me towards what I assumed was the donkey. I stumbled forward and reached my arm out to place the tail on it, but I fell forward and slammed into the barn wall instead.

"Luna!" I heard. I laid on the ground, groaning in pain. I felt somebody remove the blindfold and saw Garnet and Circo looking at me in worry. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I said, not feeling okay at all. I slowly sat up and said, "I'm just going to go sit down."

I got up and threw the donkey's tail to the side. I walked over to the haystack in the barn and sat down. I sighed, rubbing my face to ease the pain. I didn't feel okay; if anything, I felt uncomfortable. I didn't want this kind of party. I wasn't expecting this much activity.

"There you are!" I heard Pearl say. I jumped and looked up at her, she was holding a baseball bat. I raised an eyebrow and asked, "What's with the bat?"

"Steven wants you to join us in this game where you hit something," Pearl explained.

I sighed and reluctantly got off the haystack, saying, "Okay." I followed Pearl outside and saw that everybody was surrounded around by everybody. Steven held a bat and blindfold in his hands, a smile on his face. I gave a smile back but it didn't have any joy in it.

"Okay so we're not going to spin you," Steven said, reassuring me. "But you do have to have the blindfold on."

I sighed and nodded, not bothering to say anything. Amos seemed to notice something was wrong and said, "Maybe we shouldn't play this."