|21|

Shiwoo woke me up early this morning. I guess as a proper punishment for being kicked out of school for two days. I've never known my parents to give me punishments unless they intentionally meant to leave me at home with no food and no money. Either way, Shiwoo's form of parenting is more subtle then I expected.

"Heeru? Jungwoo and I are going for a little drive. We'll be back around late."

I looked back at my mother who was too busy watching the news with tired red eyes. The thin blanket clung to her like it was her lifeline. After a couple seconds I realized she wasn't going to say anything so I followed Shiwoo out the door.

"So maybe I was thinking we could drive around. Go spend some time together. Catch up. You know... grab a drink." He draped his arm over my shoulder as we walked to the elevator. "I was thinking a couple of beers. I know you can handle it since you didn't come in wilted on your wild night out."

This is great. Now he probably thinks I'm a problem teenager who'd rather get drunk then get sleep. Then again, I don't even care what he thinks about me. I don't even want him here. He's ruined everything from my child hood to my parents shitty marriage.

"Get in the car, please." I blinked and suddenly I was standing outside of his truck as he sent me a warm smile. "Jungwoo... I'm your dad now and although I showed up unexpectedly. I want to tell you about the current situation we're in."

Serious talks? Never had them with any male figure except my grandpa. All he told me was to be myself days before he died of lung cancer. Those words made me feel weird as if he knew something I didn't about me. Years later I found out he did. We opened the letters he left for the family. Mine came with a check my mother instantly claimed but she didn't mind the note. Thank God. He practically called me out for being gay yet in the end said he loved me no matter what.

I wonder if this was another one of those moments.

"Where are we going?" I sigh while clicking my seatbelt on. "I'm kind of-"

"I'm hungry too, Son." He backed the car out of the garage like he's done it a million times before. From the many nights I've heard him talking to my mother, I bet he has. "Anyway, you guys moved in a little over four months ago and I already see the steady flow of friends you have. How are they. I know that Lucas kid isn't the only one." He gave me a teasing glare which made my brows sweat.

I fumbled with the hoodie strings on my jacket before gulping loudly. I don't know why I was this mortified to talk about Sasung and Injoon. Maybe because it's really Lucas who is on my mind. And God do I feel guilty for leaving him alone with them. They're probably telling him everything he wants to know.

"Sasung, I don't think you've met him but... he's a pretty good friend. So is Injoon. They're like two of a kind. I don't really blend with them but we care about each other and that's really all that matters." He smirked at me. "Is there something you want to say?"

"I saw the video, Jungwoo. If anything I want to talk about that first because if you're gay is Korea then that is a big deal!"

"Shiwoo!?"

"No. No! We're going to talk about this. Lucas had his hands down your pants and his shirt off like you all were performing some sort of sexual ritual. More importantly I want to discuss those kids cheering you on in the back." I pulled the strings on my hood allowing it to close around my face so I could hide the embarrassment. "I missed twelve years of your life. The least you can do is catch me up on the last few before I watch you ship off to where ever you go after schooling."

"I do not want to talk about it with you." The car suddenly stopped making me jolt forward. I quickly undid my jacket to see we were at the building that seemed to be collecting dust in my memory. "Why are we here?"

"I contacted your therapist for a family session. She told me to stop by any time of the week for a visit. This is stop number one."

-

She opened her door slowly and jumped when she saw me. Her hair wasn't in a tight bun but down in messy curls as if she was off the job. "Jungwoo, I... what an unexpected visit!" She smiled widely while squeezing herself out of the room. Her hands were clammy and eyes darting everywhere. "Dad?"

My heart jumped out my chest when she looked at him with fear in her eyes. I looked back and forth between the two and the resemblance hit my eyes like a train derailing on top of me.

This can't be.

"Is he in there?" Shiwoo didn't hesitate to jam his foot in between the door and the frame. She fought hard for a couple of seconds to keep him out. I stepped out the way to give him more moving room. "Dayan!" She released the door causing him to effortlessly walk through.

I watched as she covered her face with her hands in shame. I then looked in to see who Shiwoo wanted to expose so bad. The door swung open but the hinges forced it back closed on its own. Just in the matter of two seconds, I saw all I needed to see.

"My sister is sleeping with my father?" I looked at her as she broke out into tears. A few workers turned to whisper to each other before scurrying back into their offices. "You're my sister?" She refused to look at me. Her long hair covering her face as she sniffled. "Did you know this?" She nodded. "But why?"

"We're done here." Shiwoo walked out with red knuckles whilst also unrolling his sleeves to his dress shirt. "Come on, Dayan. I'm taking you home."

"I can't just leave-" she shouted.

In a split second, he grabbed her by her wrist and yanked her towards him. "Yeah, because you're fired. Did you forget who you worked for because I know his pay wasn't as great as mine when I sat there and talked your mom into birthing a demon like you. Now get to the damn car and shut up!"

When I saw the red tint on his face, veins popping from his neck, and the harsh push he gave to Dayan, I knew he was nothing like my father bruised up in that room.

My father never hit a woman, he just dealt with their shit. This moment right here taught me why I don't deal with people's shit. Because that isn't in my blood. Shiwoo is my blood. Watching him made me finally understand myself. But watching my... sister. I still saw my mom.

"Jungwoo?" He smiled back at me while still forcing Dayan out the doors. "You still hungry?" I nodded hesitantly. "Good. We'll eat so you can bond with your sister. And we'll talk. It'll be fun."