|4|

|| Wong Lucas ||

Tae Y after school today, we aren't stalling anymore

I shoved my phone in my pocket the second I read that text. Everything in my chest felt tight just thinking about it. Even my hands started to sweat and they never do that. The feeling was weird and moist. Everything about this is making my body do things it normally wouldn't. I avoided it once, how the heck can I do it twice?

"You ever smoked, Lucas?" I didn't want to lie to sound cool. This was happening quickly and right now. I shook my head promptly making everyone smirk at each other. "Well, we're not getting out of this car until you hit it."

Nayoung brought out what I'm assuming is the papers for the weed. I've only seen my brother do this once before he went off to college last year. He offered me a try but I feared he would hold it against me and tell mom and dad. Now my biggest fear is getting my parents called on me for being high during classes.

She used her bare hands to dig through the bag. The smell already filling the car like a poisonous gas. I didn't know if I wanted to puke or open a window. I don't know what good weed smells like, looks like, or even is, but if this was it. No thank you.

"Maybe!"I blurt as she drops the green contents on the white paper. "I mean, maybe we should wait until after school. Isn't smoking week supposed to be fun? If we're sitting in class all day how are we going to enjoy the feeling?"

Taeil looked at Taeyong and so did Nayoung. I knew they were considering the idea, but what scared me the most is their response. All it took was one look from Taeyong for Nayoung to put the weed back in the bag and wrap it up.

"He's right," Taeil said as my heart crawled back into my chest through my mouth. "Plus, I have a test to take. That shit right there will make me forget all about it." The car laughed and I forced myself to do the same while watching Nayoung shove the weed under the seat.

"After school today, we aren't stalling anymore." The text replayed in my mind over and over again. He knew exactly what I was doing. Why didn't he call me out like he does all the time? I don't know. Hopefully, he was on the same page as me.

"Aish, I should have just got on the bus." I hung my head in disgrace while leaning over the railing. The only thing stopping me from walking right off at this point. "Ah, my heart hurts just thinking about it."

"Thinking about what?" I jumps when Siyeon appears before me smiling with joy. Something was different about her. I couldn't tell if it was that she cut her brown hair that hung loosely over her shoulders or wore a little extra mascara to make her big brown eyes extravagant. It was something and I didn't want to make the mistake of pointing out the wrong thing. "Maybe the fact that you didn't text me back?"

I made a face in complete confusion. "What does that have to do with anything?" I didn't mean to sound so rude but that's just how it came out. "No, but that's not it." Turning to face her she smiled quickly again. "I can tell you anything right?"

"Yes, Lucas." She copied my posture of slightly leaning over the rail. The view of students scattering around before the release bell made me a little more uneasy. "What's the problem?" she asked urgently.

"Well, I've never done weed before..." my voice trailed as I waited for her to judge me. Instead, she was quiet for a long time which made me think she was holding in her laughter. But when I looked at her, she looked as if she was waiting for me to say more. "That's it. I've never done it and suddenly I have to. But I don't want to."

She tapped her pale pink fingernails against the metal bar trying to think of anything to say. I hope she wasn't mentally judging. It's enough that I told her anything at all.

"Who's making you?" she asked after a few seconds. "That's not a very good friend if they're all about peer pressure. I would never make you do anything you wouldn't want to do. It's—"

"Taeil has a shit ton of weed in his car. He said he isn't taking me home if I don't try it once. And Siyeon, I really hate the bus. It's crowded all the time." I got shivers just thinking about it. Last time I road the bus was the second day of school and ever since then I've been getting rides from whoever I could. "God, I can't even help myself."

I looked down once again and my eyes instantly landed on the walking shadow maneuvering his way through the brightly lit students. He looked to be up to something as he didn't make eye contact with a single person. Instead, he was headed straight towards the stairs that lead to up here.

"—but then you could always ask Chittaphon for a ride. Like you used to. I think he's still studying in the library but he's free most of the time. He gave me a ride once—"

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked once I realized she was even talking.

"It's nothing." Her cheeks were heated like two strawberries. I couldn't take my mind off the fact that there is something different about her. As I leaned closer, I caught a glimpse of an eyelash that was stuck to her cheek. I reached in to swipe it off but she backed away quickly. "You're so romantic, but don't you think it's too early?" That's when I backed away too.

She peered up at me while batting her thick eyelashes. I was dumbfounded and a bit disappointed. "What?" I choke out making her fix her face. "Did you think I was going to kiss you, Siyeon?" She shook her head quickly while locking her eyes on the burnt orange floor. "You're so cute it's ridiculous."

I place my hand on her shoulder to let her know I won't hold it against her. Then I force her to look at me by lifting her chin. Once I found the eyelash again, I quickly wiped it off without in complications. "I'm sorry."

"Alright, I have to go now. If you see me a few hours afterward and I can't recognize you, then you know why."

I waved my last goodbye and got ready for my death. Just as I was watching my everystep as I jogged down the steps, someone wasn't bothering to watch theirs since they smacked dead ass into my shoulder.

"Watch it would—" I stopped talking when I saw who it was. He looked at me for just as long as I looked at him. "Hey," I breathe out. "I'm sorry, I was the one looking—" he shook his silver hair out of his face before continuing his way up the stairs. I look back at him to make sure this really happened and I wasn't just seeing something. But it was really him and he didn't give a damn that he almost took my shoulder off.

My phone vibrated in my pocket for the second time since I've been around here and I wasn't going to bother and check it. Instead, I waited by my locker until the bell rung so I could be the first one to Taeil's car. There was a small crowd around the parking area and I didn't get the hint until I was in the front witnessing a cop putting Taeil in their backseat.

"What happen?" a random girl said while recording the scene.

"I heard he was dealing drugs in the schoolyard," a boy replied. I might have just had an aneurism when I heard that. "I didn't think he was that dumb."

I wanted to say something to have his back but I was too stunned. When I saw Taeyong and Nayoung talking to the cops, I quickly turned around and used my bag as a shield so they wouldn't point me out.

The bus it is.