|15|

"The elevator is this way!" Jungwoo called out as I cut across the lobby. I motioned him to follow me and he did so but didn't speed up his pace at all. Al this running probably had Taeil's food cold.

I waited for him by the door for what felt like hours. "This is the back stairs. That way we don't walk past your door. You know, just in case." He stuck his thumbs up at me before we entered the stairwells.

"I hope you don't think this is too worrisome. I don't want you to think I'll be doing this all the time." His smile was weak which made my heart pound.

I swiped my hands at him before scoffing. "You're welcomed anytime, Jungwoo. You just need to meet my parents. They'll adore you." I looked at his black eye and wondered just how far their admiration would go with him.

"I have to meet them under these circumstances." He smiled to himself. "They'll probably think I'm a homeless kid or something." I look down at him as he drug his feet up every step like we've already walked a mile. "And that's embarrassing for anyone."

"Jungwoo..." He looked up at me slowly. I wanted to tell him exactly how I felt in hopes he'd cheer up. How every time I see him I feel this skip in my heart. No matter what he does or says to me there will always be a spot in my heart for him. That when I'm the one he chose over Sasung... my world started spinning.

But I couldn't. I didn't have it in me to look in his eyes and confess. I couldn't tell him I wanted to be his friend because I was attracted to him. Not when he still likes Kun.

"...relax. My parents are used to surprise company. No matter your situation." I grabbed his wrist and forced him up to meet the same step I'm on. He stumbled a bit but caught up quickly.

We arrived at my front door with no more problems. I knocked a couple of times to no answer so I knew I'd have to dig for my key. Jungwoo was more quiet then usual when I settled him in my home. Which my parents were not in.

"They usually tell me when they leave for something. I didn't even get a text."

I took Jungwoo's jacket and organized his shoes at the front door. Next, he allowed me to take a bag of frozen pork and rest it on his eye. We actually didn't talk much. I didn't want to bring up a touchy situation and I guess he had nothing to say either.

"Are you hungry?" I whispered to the male curled up on my couch staring at a mute television. "I can make noodles."

Jungwoo looked at me and my heart sped up seconds after. It was quiet enough for me to hear it through my ears and I know he could too.

"Do you think I hate you?"

I replied almost immediately. "Well from the things you say and the way you act—"

"I don't hate you. You're too nice to hate. Lucas... I hate myself."

My eyes fell into his when I noticed a tear slip right down his cheek. I've never had to deal with the tears of anyone else besides my family. But when I saw him this way, this vulnerable, it felt like I've been knowing him for years. And after all those years, he needs me now.

"Oh, Jung—"

The both of us jumped at the sound of someone beating down my door. "Wong Yukhei! OPEN THE FUCK UP!" My entire body shriveled when I heard Taeil's voice.

"I completely forgot about the party!" I was now clawing at my scalp. "Everyone is here and I mean everyone! You can totally join but I know you really hate Taeyong and-"

"Wow. I knew you couldn't leave that conceited dick head alone." He shook my touch away from him which made me regret everything I've done so far. Except meeting him. "I'd rather jump out the fucking window than sit here and listen to him and his loud mouth friends."

My eyes immediately landed to my room which consisted of a balcony. But that's not what I'm going to tell him. "I have a closet you can hide in. It'll be max two hours and you can play games on my iPad or whatever until it's over."

Jungwoo glared at me then rubbed at his dry tears. "Fine." I smiled. "But for two hours. If it goes over then I'm leaving." I hugged him as an instinct and he didn't pull away. On cue he ran to my room while I ran to the front door.

When I opened it my eyes could be deceiving me because I know I have a maximum of eight friends not fucking twenty. "Who are all of these people?" I question as they all push past me. Nayoung stopped in my face probably to explain.

"Siyeon brought Jisung who brought his friends and his friends brought their girlfriends. And since Taeil is single his date is the twelve packs of eight that we all had to carry." She dropped the beer in my arms and I used my foot to close the door.

"There are kids here. We can't drink and get wild—" Nayoung slapped a hand on my mouth.

"They're not that fucking innocent, Lucas. Chill out."

Before I could say another word, music started blaring from the speakers and everyone was popping alcohol all over the carpet. My biggest fear is soon to be a reality and that's my parents coming home right now.

We all just got done watching a kid named Jaemin down two cans of beer then egging his girlfriend Yena to do the same. Now I'm not for underaged drinking since I simply don't drink, but how in the hell can he do that while Taeyong is wasted off one and a half cans.

"Haechan, stop ! Mark has a whole girlfriend!" Siyeon pushed the younger boy away before pointing to an empty space in the corner. "Go talk to her. She's over there."

I licked a bit of the beer off the top of a can I recently opened. The taste was horrific. But the show a wasted Siyeon was putting on took my mind off the large gulp I just devoured. "You are his boyfriend." I said with a laugh not really meant for anyone to hear.

"Oh! You called her a boy!" Nayoung smacked my arm and got everyone else dying of laughter. "Lucas is coming out I see!"

I laughed along with everyone else just so I wouldn't be embarrassed. Siyeon crawled off the couch and went straight to my bedroom in a storm like manner. I only got up to make sure she didn't bother Jungwoo but I told everyone I would apologize.

"Siyeon?" I mumble while peeking around the dark room. The closet was closed but not the exit to my balcony. She was there, though. Hair blowing in the wind and beer can gripped in her hand. "Siyeon. I'm sorry." I say while approaching her. "It slipped out of my mouth."

"I don't care about that, Lucas. I'm upset because you don't fucking care how hard I tried with you. How every day and night I made sure you were okay and I fucking helped you get out of smoking weed yet I don't get a thank you. You never say thank you, Lucas."

I'm just staring at her. There isn't much I can do.

"I loved you. And I don't know how long I can date Mark knowing he irritates me and this stupid relationship doesn't make you jealous. You laugh about it and admire it." She nudged me with her elbow. "Do you love me? Or are you feeling sorry for me because I'm rambling."

"Siyeon. You know I'm... sorry." The contents in that beer can ended up all over my hair and face. She left in tears and this time I didn't run after her.

"YA! WHO IS THAT TRYNA SLIP OUT THE DOOR!"

"The freak show!" I entered the living room to see Taeil, Jaehyun and Taeyong surrounding Jungwoo. "He snuck in on us."

"He should play the game with us!" Nayoung shouted with her cup in the air. I was getting ready to ask what was the game, but she beat me to it. "Kiss or dare."