|6|

|| Wong Lucas ||

We finally got settled in a seat that allowed the sun to give us direct warmth. I loved it this way and from the busy conversation going on around me, they loved it too. Siyeon couldn't keep her hands off me for some reason no matter how many times I muttered for her to do something else. Mark was eyeing me down like her bodyguard because I knew what's up.

"Do you know them?" Chittaphon points behind my head making everyone stop to see who he's referring to. I turn my head just to see a bunch of kids from our school enjoying themselves. But I had to do a double take when that black hoodie made me stare. "Mark, we should share our fries. I heard they are the size of Lucas's hands." The two joked but I barely made time for it.

"You know them?" Siyeon asked me as I turned around. I nod and take a look at my menu briefly. I honestly wasn't hungry. Siyeon saw me headed to the bus and made Chittaphon pull over to get me. He said he'd give me a ride home if I was okay with getting something to eat with them. At the time my stomach was up for it, but now it's not so sure.

I had to look again to make sure that jacket belonged to who I was thinking of. I literally turned around for a split second just for him to follow up and do the same. We were now looking into each other's eyes like the stars of some slop romance. To avoid the awkward turn away, I waved but he didn't retaliate. He simply blinked at me and went back to socialize with his group.

The jacket matched the face is all I could say.

"I kind of have to use the restroom," I excuse myself quickly. Siyeon gets up to let me get out and I could say I was thankful for that. The quicker this happened the better. The only thing running through my mind was the lines I would say when I approached their table. They weren't that far away so I literally had seconds— "Hello!" I bow perfectly.

Nervous was who's middle name?

His table returned the greeting except for the one I wanted to. He had his whole face out the window.

"The reason I'm disturbing you all, and that's my apologies, is because... Kim Jungwoo." I say with a slight rise in my voice hoping he heard me. When he lifted his head from resting on his palm and slowly turned to me I felt the relief instantly. "I wanted to—"

"How do you know my name?" he frowned to me with much disrespect. "And why are you following me?" My lips parted slightly as I stood here and got told. I felt I didn't deserve it, but maybe Taeyong was right. The kid had personal issues. He didn't look happy and he definitely wasn't apart of the conversation his table took pride in. "Can you like... leave me alone, please. We're eating."

I pointed to myself which is the only person everyone was looking at. "Oh, yes. Sure. Maybe I can ask you some other time." I waved my hands at his table and they got back to doing whatever they do. "I'm really sorry." My feet rushed me to the restroom where I would spend a solid ten minutes trying to recover.

Looking at myself in the mirror I don't know why he pushed me away. I don't look frightening and my blonde hair isn't dulling out on me. Maybe it was a face I made during the process. "He probably really did want to eat."

"Don't beat yourself up, alright?" The door swung open and Jungwoo appeared suddenly. "I'm not here because I want to be but because Jeno is so nice he makes me feel like an ass. But everyone at my table, not including me, wanted to know what you were going to ask."

I pushed myself away from the sink and wiped my palms off on my jeans. The water from the tap was everywhere. This conversation eventually involved me clearing my throat to sound more proper. "I know the timing wasn't appropriate, but I felt it was urgent." Jungwoo rolled his eyes obviously not interested. "I just want to know... if it's not too personal of a question."

"That probably means it is." His eyes landed back in mine. He seemed so confident suddenly. It was hot in a hot way. "Can you speed this up?"

"I want to know if you want to hang out sometimes. Don't think of it like a special occasion. I just know we live in the same building and I didn't think anyone my age lived there. It's such a high-end place, many couples of our income prefer houses not apartment suites. I think it's pretty cool to have a neighbor around my age."

Jungwoo looked at the wall where there was a scribble of writing. It had his attention harder than I did. When he told me he didn't care I should have listened. But when his eyes told me to have a see, I did that time. "Boys like boys?" he whispered probably without the intent of me hearing.

"Well, you're not wrong," I reply with a foolish grin. He looked at me and his fingers started to flinch. "You never declined or accepted my offer."

"Sure, when?" he said quickly that I couldn't make out the words. "When do you want to?"

"Whenever. Have my number," I approached him swiftly making him back into the wall. I pretended not to notice him shaking as I slapped my phone in his hand. Why this kid was a nervous wreck, I have no clue. Maybe he isn't used to the sudden interest in him. "I'm Lucas by the way."

"Yeah, you told me. How do you know my name?" He gave me my phone back with his name set in and locked.

I didn't want to tell him that Taeyong talked about him like a fool during breakfast or lunch and a little bit in the group chat. I didn't want him to know that I constantly mentioned him whenever I got the chance because I was unmistakably curious as to why he was the way he was. I didn't want to be honest.

"It's in my phone," I grin as I flash his contact around in the air. "See ya, Jungwoo. Text me... or I'll text you since I have your number. Wow, aren't I an idiot." I hit myself on the forehead whilst also smacking into the wall and not the door. Jungwoo didn't even crack a grin at the sight of me stumbling out of his presence.

Anyone else would have laughed me out the place and picked on me in the car. Jungwoo was just a good idea.