|18|

|| Wong Lucas ||

Breakfast was quiet as I expected since everyone was still tired from cleaning up my mess. I apologized so many times during the whole thing that the word sorry is all I know at this point. The worst part of it all is that my parents stripped me from every electronic I own. My own brother isn't allowed to go in our room with a simple watch. Yeah, our room is where I'll spend most of the week besides school.

I scraped the contents of my plate into the disposal before setting them in the sink to be cleaned. When I turned around my mom and dad were whispering something to each other and Delan listened. "I'm going," I say hoping they'd stop talking about me. They did stop. But they didn't say a word after that. "I love... bye." With that, I walked out of the house in shame.

The moment I walked past Jungwoo's door, I didn't hesitate to knock. I did this a couple of times before it swung open and a man was standing in front of me. His hair was slicked back and he wore formal clothing along with a warming smile. He was the complete opposite of Jungwoo yet looked just like him.

"Hello!" I force the smile on my face although he looked natural. "I'm looking for Kim Jungwoo?" He stepped aside signaling for me to come in which I immediately bowed before coming into his home. "Thank you," I whisper as he leads me around a corner that goes directly to the living room.

It took a split second for my eyes to land on Jungwoo who seemed to be comforting a sick looking woman on the couch. Although he had a smile, the woman's eyes were red and her hair was all over her head. I didn't know what was going on here but it seemed weird. "Jungwoo. A friend came to visit you before school." He stepped out of the way so Jungwoo could get a better view of me. His smile faded that instant. "I can take the both of you to school if that's alright with you...?"

"Oh, sorry!" I bow once more in embarrassment. I didn't even introduce myself and here I am standing in the middle of their home. "Lucas! Wong Lucas!" He nodded to me then stepped up the one lift in the floor that separated the entrance hall from the living room. "And I don't need a ride. I just wanted to make sure he was okay."

"Everything is fine here, right Jungwoo? We talked everything over and it's all fine," he says despite the fact that I'm looking at the lady who obviously just got done crying. "Come on Jungwoo and let your mother rest. I'm taking you and Lucas to school now." The older man snapped his fingers and Jungwoo slowly got up. The woman wilted over to her side slowly to lay out on the couch.

"Love you, mom." He said clearly and gave her a kiss on the head.

"Jungwoo! Come on, now. I don't want the both of you to be late." His voice suddenly deep that it made me jump. Jungwoo didn't even flinch when he reached down to get his bag at the doorstep.

I followed him the moment he stepped past me since he did lightly tug on the sleeve of my sweater. "Why'd you come here?" He muttered while speeding up his stride. I'm smart enough to know he's trying to talk to me in a way his father wouldn't hear. "Nothing is ever any of your business but you find a way-"

"Jungwoo, if you're embarrassed I walked in on a family moment then I apologize. I just wanted to let you know that my actions from last night weren't right-"

"I know that," he spoke over me.

"-and I'm very sorry. I don't know what I was doing besides allowing the alcohol in my system to take over everything I do." Once we got to the elevator, his finger smashed the button so hard he could have broken it. "I understand why you were mad, Jungwoo."

He faced me roughly almost like someone forced him to. "You covered it," he made a circular motion around the spot on my neck. I rolled my eyes at the fact he didn't accept my apology. "And did you tell her?"

My brows furrowed together at that question. "Tell who what?"

"Did you tell Siyeon that you loved her back?"

Like a dumbass, I started stuttering and looking for the words to say when all I had to say was no. But it took me off guard and the look on his face made me wonder if he really cared for the answer. Maybe he was trying to get to me or get rid of me but either one was working. Before I could properly answer his question, the elevator arrived and so did his father.

We all shuffled into the awkward atmosphere and didn't say a single word until we made it to the bottom. Well, Jungwoo started the conversation. "Shiwoo?" he addressed his dad informally. "Are you even going to be here after?" The man nodded seeming unbothered by Jungwoo's bitter laced voice. "Hear that, Lucas? You as my witness."

"Jungwoo, you're really funny," I chuckle nervously. I don't know why he's dragging me into this but I don't want to get on anyone's bad side. Especially not Jungwoo's fathers.

"Thanks again, Mr. Kim!" I wave into the window and he waved back. I expected him to drive off but he waited out there until we made it into the building. I kept looking back in confusion since not many parents did that. I found it pretty sweet. "Your dad is really nice. Different. Just like you."

Jungwoo then let go of the door allowing it to almost swing close on me. "He isn't my father."

I almost stopped in the middle of the crowded hall at this news. "So we hopped in the car with a stranger!?"

"He's my father but he isn't. It's a long story and if I tell you it then I'd be explaining myself. And I hate doing that with you." I scoffed. "Plus we aren't that close. Sasung and Injoon made a mistake pulling you along."

"We aren't close? Jungwoo, I swear I felt your dick last night." He whirled around to face me in that second. The air was blown out of my lungs when I stopped short so I wouldn't smack into him. "I mean, I didn't. I kind of did." I shrug.

It looked as if he wanted to strangle me but a part of him resisted against it. I must say Jungwoo seems a lot different today. He seemed to have a motive and it didn't involve me being around. I know he was more likely looking for Sasung. Maybe he wants to fill him in on what happened. How I locked him in my closet and the next thing he's watching a kissing orgy.

"That's weird," I mutter to myself now since I'm thinking about it all. "What if you chose kiss, Jungwoo?"

"What?" He spat aggressively while keeping his eyes straight ahead. That way no face in the crowd could distract him. I was hoping I didn't see any familiar faces on the way either.

I eventually sped up until we were side by side and he could hear me better. "I said what if you chose to kiss me instead of a dare?"

"Is that what you wanted me to choose?" I shrug when he and I both knew the answer. "Taeyong said you loved me so I'm guessing if I chose a kiss you would have made it memorable, yeah?" A smirk curled on his face when my cheeks flushed from all color. I remember Taeyong vividly saying that and I was hoping I'd forget about it all. "But I guess it would have been better."

"You would have enjoyed... the kiss? You would have liked kissing me?"

Jungwoo faced me for the nth time but this time he was staring at someone from the corner of his eye. Before I could turn to see who it was, I felt a soft pair of lips press against mine. It left me frozen in the middle of the hall. I stared at Jungwoo's closed eyes thinking if I should close mine too. But the moment I did, it was over. Yet the rush remained.

"What was-"

"I don't want Taeil giving you any more hickeys. I don't want you to tell Siyeon you love her and I don't want Taeyong planting shit in your ear. So from now on when you think about either one of them, remember it was my lips pressed against yours, not theirs."

He walked off down the hall leaving me stunned and practically a melting blob. Without thinking, I touched my lips hoping they would feel like his but nope, they were mine. My lips cold and now lost. Missing his.

But there was a feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was telling me he wasn't alright, he couldn't be. The Jungwoo I knew was blunt, but never intimately blunt. Never.