|10|

|| Wong Lucas ||

Taking a seat at Taeyong's table might have been the scariest thing I've done all day, besides not doing the next class English assignment. "Hello, friends." They all look up at me and for a split second, I thought they wouldn't say a word.

"Where have you been? You should have seen Taeil's face when he got in the cop car!" My heart settled when the table went from quiet to blaring loud. They were probably the loudest ones in the entire building. I sat next to Taeyong who was reaching over to slap something out of Mark's hand.

"Did you ever find out what happen?" I say while playing with the contents of my soup.

Nayoung groaned just at the mention of the situation. Maybe it was a thing I shouldn't have mentioned. "A teacher overheard him trying to get high with Yaebin. She told immediately. This school is a bitch." Everyone laughs just to prevent the silence that never had a chance to fall upon us. "Ten! Over here!"

Just as his eyes landed on us, Yuta and Yaebin, hand in hand, walked right in front of him. He almost spilled his tray trying to prevent a collision. Yaebin simply glared at him before taking the seat at their table. Everyone but Kun looked over at us like we were peasants on their royal land. I was probably the only one wondering why they were upset with us.

Taeyong stood up the second Ten sat down. Nayoung then started to beg him to come back, but he went over to Yuta's table anyway with both his hands in a fist. My first expectation was that he would just swing at him without any explanation, but the two actually started talking.

Yuta looked as if everything Taeyong was telling him was the biggest joke. Yaebin sat back and watched with amusement. Jaehyun, who appeared from nowhere, then came up to the table which made me even more of a worried mess. "Maybe we should go stop them?" I look around for any volunteers but they were all distracted to see what would happen next.

After a while of a confrontational talk, Taeyong smacked Yuta's juice box out of his hand. The contents flying all over his girl and surrounding friends. "I told you that seems like a problem you should run by Johnny!" Yuta pushed Taeyong back and Jaehyun jumped in front of it before it could escalate.

"Get the fuck off me!" Taeyong spat while slapping Jaehyun's hands off him. The older male came to the table and yanked Nayoung off her ass within a second. "Come on!" She didn't hesitate to grab her things and scurry after him out the cafeteria.

I look at Jaehyun then to Mark who's mouth was touching the table top. The two of us looked at each other and attempted to hide our utter shock. "Do you know?" I point to Mark who shook his head. "I don't either." Mark had a worried expression on his face. "Maybe we should go with them?" He agreed with me and left.

"A Wong Lucas?" I look around for the source of the person calling me out. All I could do was see a group of girls pointing at me and giggling. I can't count how many times I've been hit on by these school girls who don't know I'm gay. "The guy who likes Jungwoo?" That definitely wasn't a girl's voice. Instead, it was the people sitting at the table right behind me. I turned to face the two and recognized them as the gossip kings.

Taeyong warned me about them but I never cared since they were associated with Jungwoo. I always believed any of his friends should be acceptable.

"We don't know that for sure. Jungwoo doesn't even talk about him. It would be foolish for him to waste his time on a guy like our Woo."

"Excuse me?" I call out. Their heads merely even look at me. I thought about confronting them or something like that, but I wasn't as bold as Taeyong. "You two know Jungwoo?"

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned back around. "Lucas, we're going to catch up with Taeyong. You coming?" I look at Jaehyun and get up to move tables. "Never mind then."

The new boys looked at me with smiles on their faces before introducing themselves. I knew who they were as in I've seen them around. Jungwoo is with them and a couple other's often. I swear I'm not a stalker. I just have to know these things for it to make sense. Getting to know Injoon and Sasung might be my only bet to really know Jungwoo.

"Jungwoo doesn't get along with your friends and neither do we," Sasung told me right off the bat. I already knew that too. I'm hoping they don't tell me things Jungwoo has made clear to me. "I don't think he likes you either."

"How old are you?" I point to Sasung.

He looked to Injoon who was stuffing in his laugh. "Doesn't matter. I'm a junior and you're a sophomore. Speak formally."

"Alright, I will." I look to Injoon carefully hoping he isn't a senior of some sort. He didn't feel to have that role. "And you?"

"Younger than Jungwoo hyung. I'll speak formally." I nod once and turn my attention back to Sasung since he's the one who seems to be initiating more of the conversation. "Is there a reason you're here."

"We're getting to that," I say without looking Injoon's way. "Can I ask you something serious, Sasung hyung?" He nods and proceeds to dig into his food. "Let's say I do like Jungwoo and... I don't. Where will that get me?"

He scoffs allowing a piece of seaweed to fly across the table. "Nowhere far, Lucas. I've only known him to like one person more than Injoon and I. One person only." This made me lean in further than the table would allow. "Qian Kun. For a solid week, he was obsessed with the boy. Said he loved how weird he was and how kept to himself the guy always is. Stopped liking him the second he befriended Taeyong." He pointed his chopsticks over to the now empty table.

"So he's gay? But I am too! Why does he hate me?"

Sasung shook his head at me. "You're jumping to Jungwoo being gay? And since you're gay he's supposed to just want to be around you all the time?"

"You're friends with Taeyong right?" Injoon jolts in and I actually gave him the time of day by looking at him. I didn't really like where Sasung was getting at. "That has everything to do why he can't stand you."

"But I'm not like Tae-"

Their eyes widen at whatever is happening behind me. I turn around and see Jungwoo stopped in the middle of the cafeteria. It was a mistake of me to talk to his friends. I didn't think he was here so I thought I wouldn't get caught. In my frightened state, all I could do was a wave as he took a seat next to me anyway.

"Hello, Jungwoo. We have a new member."

"As in?" he looked at me in disgust. "You invited him to our circle. Aren't we all supposed to agree to these things?"

"I think you'd be quite excited to know he left Taeyong behind to express his concern for you. That's a pretty bold move don't you think?" Did Sasung really call me bold? Did he really just justify me? "I think that's extremely kind especially for a guy in Taeyong's wing."

Jungwoo lifted an eyebrow to show he was considering it, but after a while of nothing, he got up and left the cafeteria. Sasung and Injoon's eyes followed him until he was gone. "What does this mean?" I moved my finger in a circle to the three of us. "What does him leaving mean."

"It means I won and you're in. I can see in your eyes that you're begging for something." Injoon dumped both their trays when the garbage came around. "Don't blow this Lucas." With that, the two got up to track down Jungwoo. Like a small toddler, I followed them.