|2|

|| Wong Lucas ||

The inside of my palms was rough against my eyes as I tried to wipe the sleep straight off my face. With every move, my bones crack within me making a large portion of my body feel a lot freer. After a while of just laying flat on my bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking of nothing; I kicked my legs over the edge of the bed. The light out curtains I spend my allowance on weren't doing very well at keeping the light out. The sun beamed on my back making it sting slightly.

"Hyung!" I called out when I heard the shower turn on. "You know I won the game! I was supposed to go first!" I heard him grumble something smart which made me laugh. He knew I really didn't care if he went I just wanted to start a problem.

My feet slide right into my soft slides. I finally was standing upright and stretching my body apart. I look over and see Delan's bed was tousled around and messy. He literally undresses himself in his sleep making the whole room sound like his bed is having an earthquake half the time.

"Yukhei! Breakfast!" My dad shouted while tapping his knuckle on the door. I rush over to catch him before he leaves since he's usually too quick on his feet. "You're up this early? What's got to you?"

I skipped out the room and stayed on my dad's tail like a duck scared to lose its mother. "I'm getting a ride to school. He told me to be outside at a certain time and I'm honestly not trying to miss that opportunity." As we neared the kitchen he continued to ask me questions and my mind drifted to the smell of pancakes and bacon. "And you with this breakfast, dad. Improvement!" I clapped and plopped a seat at the table.

My dad sat across from me and immediately chowed down. "Okay, hurry up and eat. I have to clean this up and take your mom to work. I gotta be at the office in an hour and morning traffic is not a joke."

I stood up from my chair a bit to eye his outfit which stopped at his polka dot tie. "Oh no, sir. Those colors should match your mood" —I point my chopsticks at him while nodding— "I was thinking a deep blue." His eyebrow raised at my opinion.

"What mood does that represent?"

"Boring," Delan said over me while picking one of my bacon off my plate. My eyes scold him but my body language continued to devour the breakfast. "He uses that same insult on me all the time. Sorry, little brother, its gotten five years old."

"I— whatever. Mom thinks I'm funny. Right, mom?" I turn to the sound of her heels hitting the floor. She swung her blazer over her arm and checked to make sure the air system wouldn't be running all day.

"Yes. Correct." This made me cheese hard with bacon bits all over my teeth. My mom sat across from Delan and started to finish her plate.

My eyes dart to the clock on the wall and I jump out the black cushioned seats. Everyone looked to me like I saw a spider when really I saw a flash of me about to miss a ride. "Sorry, I really have to start getting ready. Breakfast was outstanding, dad. Like I don't have the words for how amazing—"

"Go get dressed," he flicked his wrist at me as I turned to dash back to the restroom.

My shower was brief yet relaxing. The part I hated the most was blow drying my hair to get the volume I want. I can't finish the second week of school looking flat. Hanging out with Jaehyun and Taeyong made me realize some things about fashion. Before them, I used to throw on whatever was on the floor the day before. Now I can say I actually started caring.

The bottom of my jeans are rolled and I finally learned how to iron my own shirt. I finish it off by shaking my hair out one good time in the mirror than adjusting the small strands that lay wild. "Lookin' good, Lucas. Not bad at all." With one last look at my teeth, I skip out the restroom and say my goodbye's to the remaining humans of the house.

Taeil wya
Lucas running to you

In large strides, I dash down the hall like a maniac out of hell. My foot then landed on a foreign object causing me to stop as if someone tugged me back with a rope. "The hell?" I question as I look at the fairly large shard of glass on the floor. There were a few more tiny pieces partially sticking from under a door making me worry for whoever was inside.

I was going to knock and make sure the owner of the establishment was even alive, but the sound of their door unlocking made me take off all over again. I didn't stop running until I reached the staircase doors and even after that I traveled down the flight of stairs like a superhero straight out of an action movie.

"Lucas!" Taeyong and his girlfriend Nayoung were in the lobby waiting for me as if I was their son returning from the military. These two never fail to make me smile. "We are almost alike!" I look down at Taeyong's jeans also rolled at the bottom. "Ain't that something?"

"Yuck, let me go change," I fake a disgusted face. Taeyong grabbed my shirt and pulled me into a headlock. "I'm joking! Get off me!" I laugh as he lightly pushed me away. "I tried a tad bit harder today so I wouldn't offend the lady," I bow to Nayoung who simply blushed at my gesture. Her face went from a pale pink to instant worry when she saw something taking place behind my head.

"Oh, Jesus," Taeyong muttered as he pulled us along. I turn my head around to see what they see but I saw nothing too crazy. Just a kid in all black making his way out the building just like we are. "You live in the same building as that freakshow?" Taeyong almost puked at the thought.

"Freakshow?" Am I missing something or are you all joking? It's pretty rude—"

"You must not know then?" Nayoung's soft voice reeled me in hoping for more details. "He's a creep. Like the stalker kind of creep." Her eyes would drift to the unknown boy from time to time during her story. But all I found out was rumors that the entire school added onto like it was a journal to pass around. This was quickly dismissed in my mind and I didn't give it another thought. "But he used to be a really sweet kid a couple of months ago. I don't know the exact details of his personal life though." She buckled herself in before flicking her hair off her shoulders.

I glance at her for a split second trying to figure out what she's on. I knew Nayoung was just as judgey as Taeyong, but I didn't think she could be such a queen about it. You would take one look at her soft complexion and think she was quiet and sensitive to everything. But this girl was the complete opposite. Maybe her deceiving looks drew Taeyong in deeper than he thought. He was the main one saying he could never settle with a senior. He was into older women.

"Taeyong, did you bring it?" Taeil took his eyes off the road just to ask a question so simple. But when Taeyong shook a small bag of green contents around in the middle of the air, I knew it wasn't so simple.

My mouth dropped and dried out when Nayoung took it from his hands with no hesitation. "Shit, babe. It's a lot." She smiled at me and my eyes went to the red lipstick stain on her teeth rather than the illegal product she sniffed at. "It's good, right?"

"Yeah, my uncle grows it and tampers it a bit. He said it's his best batch." I look at Taeyong's lips trying to register the whole thing. "You ever smoked, Lucas?" I shook my head promptly. "Well, we're not getting out of this car until you hit it."