|14|

|| Wong Lucas ||

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about how Jungwoo wasn't just joking around. He was upset about other things so he took it out on me. Or maybe he really does despise everyone who Taeyong even looks at. I mean, he did ruin his chances with Kun. Then again, Kun isn't gay so did he ever really have one?

And guess who was the idiot who left all my friends for a freak show like Jungwoo? A bipolar idiot who's existance—

"You take us for some sort of joke!?" I jumped out of my skin when I saw Taeil's face inches from mine. My adrenaline was kicking in so bad I couldn't even feel his nails digging into my skin. "Who are you loyal to, Lucas?" I then see Taeyong next to him not doing a thing to help me. "Said you'd be there when I got out and you lied." He released me with a jolt making me stumble back into a wall.

"He's not worth it." Taeyong patted his shoulder. I bet he was scorching with anger right about now. I swear his eyes were red. "Where were you last night, Lucas? With that weirdo and his equally as weird friends?"

I shook my head quickly. I didn't want to drag them into this because Yaebin's name was at the tip of my tongue and Taeyong knew exactly how to cause drama. "My parents wouldn't let me leave."

"Alright. That'll hold you for now. Get up." I did as told and dusted myself off. "Apologize will you? Lying to your hyungs doesn't hold a good look."

"Sorry Taeil hyung. I'll buy you what you want to make it up." I send him a smile and he tried not to give in but fails. "Alright! You're favorite milkshake and fries on me after school?"

"You're too soft, Lucas. I wasn't going to punch you just so you know. I would hate myself if I did." Taeyong took the lead as Nayoung quickly approached him with a hug. Kun is another name now floating around my head.

I took so much in last night. But I also made a couple promises.

Soon we were at the cafeteria where the entire group sat at our normal table. There was no problems from Johnny's table except the fact that Kyungwon was sitting there. And another fact was Yaebin looking directly into my eyes. The moment we saw each other that was the last time I bothered to look in her direction.

Jaehyun and Mark took a seat and it was now a full table.

"You're going to get over her right?" Jaehyun spoke over everyone. "There are a lot of junior girls dying for you. Then again, I told you in the beginning she was a waste of time."

"How do you handle a guy liking your girl and sorry Jaehyun hyung for interrupting." He rolled his eyes at me for blurting out. "Like if someone liked Nayoung. What would you do?"

Taeyong eyed his trophy down which made her blush. I quickly looked around for Kun but I just noticed he wasn't sitting with Johnny and his table. I then turn around to see Jungwoo's table empty.

"They can look but they can't touch." He nibbles on her ear which made all of us groan.

"Sorry!" A sweet voice was heard suddenly. We then saw Siyeon squeezing in between Mark and Chittaphon. She immediately hugged his arm in which he returned with a kiss to her forehead. "Just got back from a doctors appointment. I have healthy teeth."

"Congrats!" Taeyong clapped and a few others joined along.

I looked at the couple in confusion then cracked a smile. "Ah!" I shout which made all eyes land on me. "Mark, you sly dog. You made your move!" Siyeon's smile dropped when she noticed the excitement in my voice. "That deserves a major celebration tonight! My house?"

"I'm still getting my milkshake and fries?" Taeil pointed at me from across the table. I nodded my head with a sincere smile. "Alright then your house it is."

"But!" Siyeon blurted. "I have to look after my little brother and his friends today. I don't think I can come."

"Jisung?" Mark questioned while looking at me. "A few little freshmen can tag along right?"

I nod not really bothered by it. "It's not like we'll be doing anything illegal. It's just a little gathering for Mark growing some balls." I reach over Jaehyun to punch his arm.

"Okay cool." She waves her hands to brush off her worry. "When are you going to get a girlfriend though. You, Ten and Taeil are the only ones left."

"Didn't Jaehyun break up with his university girl? Uhm... Eunwoo?" Taeyong commented.

"Nope. We worked it out." He said unbothered while eating his ramen. "You, Ten and Taeil are the only ones left."

Taeil and I looked at each other before bursting into laughter. "What's the rush!" He said before I could. "Single living is stress free. I'm livin my best life right now." I silently agreed and the subject was instantly changed.

It eventually got boring enough for me to get up and go to the restroom. At least that is what I told them.

I was supposed to eat with Jungwoo in the courtyard and maybe they were waiting for me there. Or they went there to hide from me. Either way, I ran all the way there like my feet were on fire.

To no surprise, they were all chatting and laughing on the bench. "Hey friends!" I wave then bow as I neared them. Sasung and Injoon did the same while Jungwoo kept his back turned to me. "I thought you all were upset with me so I sat in the cafeteria alone for some time."

"Mad at you for what? As long as you keep Injoon's affair to a minimum then we have no problem with you."

They got back to talking amongst themselves which left me to sit with Jungwoo and talk. "I wanted to tell you last night that Kun has no chance with Nayoung. She's so whipped for Taeyong that it's a shame." I chuckle softly. Jungwoo finally looked up at me and what I saw was the most heart aching thing that my eyes could have seen. "What the fu— did you all not see this?"

Sasung and Injoon turn their heads and gasp right after. Jungwoo's black eye made us all react. "No we didn't! We thought he was sleep the entire time!" Sasung tried to explain but I wasn't listening. "Jungwoo! Why didn't you tell us?"

"Who did it?" I whisper while grabbing his face. He pushed me away and put his head back down. "Jungwoo. You can tell me who did this. You can trust me. I promise."

"My moms never hit me before." He said faintly. "I can't go home."

"You can come with us." Injoon said immediately. No way was he taking Jungwoo that easy.

"No! He can come with me!"

"Nonsense!" Sasung got up to argue. "You are neighbors! She'll see him!" He was starting to get in my face and on my nerves. I glared at him as his point was very accurate.

"Let him choose!" I shout back.

Jungwoo looked at the three of us and smiled. "You guys care too much." It wasn't what I was looking for but I sure didn't want to say anything that could change his mind. "Lucas. I'll go with you. Only because I need to go home in the morning to change. Plus she doesn't know you or where you live." I smirk as Sasung who huffed at Jungwoo's answer.

"Meet me here after last class."