|17|

Although I couldn't hear the screaming I knew once all those drunk teens left, Lucas would be forced to plan his own funeral. It was around two in the morning and I've been blowing up Sasung's phone and he wasn't answering. My only option was to go home.

I got up from the couch held in the lobby the moment I saw Nayoung and Taeyong stumbling around. I avoided eye contact with them but of course that didn't make me invisible. "Jungwoo!" Taeyong grabbed me by my wrist as I passed him. "You wanna know why I don't like you?"

"Not really."

Nayoung snatched Taeyong's hand away from me as if I was the one holding onto him. "It's because you don't listen," she pointed her finger in my face. "Lucas knows how to have fun. You know just how to ruin it. And because of you, Chittaphon didn't get Kyungwon. You should be proud of yourself."

"Why was he so desperate for her? She went around telling everyone Johnny and I were gay for each other. Who would want a homophobic knock off princess in the first place. I bet she chose Johnny because she knows you guys accept Lucas' gay ass. That's a solid enough reason why I was proud to leave your shitty group in the first place. None of you know how to pick a piece of gold out of rust."

Nayoung let out a dramatic gasp before striking me right across the face. In that moment my blood went up a hundred degrees and I could feel myself losing control.

Taeyong sat back and laughed at the event while Nayoung flipped her hair off her shoulder. "You haven't looked in the mirror then. You are the rust, Jungwoo. We swept you away a long time ago."

The second they turned their backs I pushed her with all my strength. She flew out of Taeyong's grip right onto the marble flooring. My heart skipped a beat when she skid just a bit. Taeyong obviously didn't process what was going on so he kept walking and tripped right over her.

The two of them were so drunk it took them a good three minutes to get themselves off the floor. In that moment I took off running to the elevator to get away just in time.

I know that if Taeyong got ahold of me his punches would be altered from the alcohol in his system. What scared me is he might actually remember what I did. That Nayoung would mention it when their sober and I'd be dead before next week.

Despite that, I had other things to worry about. I was now standing in front of my condo door. I still heard nothing from Lucas's end which meant they probably locked him in his room or something.

Then the door clicked open the moment I turned the knob. I didn't make it a good three feet inside when I heard someone sobbing from the living room. I shuffled out of my shoes and into my slippers in a rush.

The moment I turned the corner I saw my mother sobbing into her hands. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to be out this late. But I'm back now!" I call out while rushing to her and father. But as I got closer the man turned and I realized he wasn't my father but the only guy in the world who could make my skin crawl. "Why is he here?"

"Oh! Jungwoo!" She got to her feet and rushed into me for a hug. "I'll never do it again! I'll never! I'm sorry! I thought you were never coming home!"

Although she was crying into my shoulder making me feel as pitiful as I could get. I couldn't help but look over her shoulder at the stranger smiling at me. I hugged her weakly with the intention to grab her and take off running away from him.

She then pulled away with red eyes and a tight smile. I looked down at her which was risky since I didn't trust him out of my eye sight. "What is he doing here?"

"Stop it," she whispered then turned to face him. "I'm sorry you have to meet our son on these circumstances. But he's a really healthy and good boy. I promise."

"He's not my father!" I push her away when he gets up to comfort me. "Get the hell out! Get out of our house!"

"Jungwoo..." she grabbed my wrist to calm me down but I shook out of them.

He then grabbed her to pull her back lightly. I didn't want him touching her but I didn't want to touch her and pull her away either. I'm disgusted she thought it was a brilliant idea to bring him around. First she had the nerve to have him snooping in my room now she wants me to see his face.

"Heeru, just give him space." That could be the smartest thing he could have said. "He knows I messed up. I know I did too. But that was years ago, Jungwoo and you know I did it for the best. I didn't have a choice."

"To leave or stay? You didn't have a choice! You passed me over to a drunk and her cheating husband."

"Now you're mother still loves-"

I held a hand up signaling him to cut the crap. "Don't tell me who loves me when you don't even love yourself." Jungwoo took the hoodie off his head to reveal the bruise his mother left him. This resulted in the man covering his mouth. "She's never hit me before, she's threatened, but never went through with it. And this is what you left me with."