F O U R T E E N

1890, London, England.

She closes her eyes and didn't feel anything different. She didn't know. She didn't know. At first, it seemed like everything would be back to normal she was a normal witch until she found this rhetorical. She groaned and opened the doors of the cabinet and felt...Different.

She didn't know until she laid her foot down. Everything was less sunny though it was shining yellow. Specks of grey fertilized the sky as they did create an image. She frowns walking out of the cabinet closing it behind her. The number one rule of about the magical cabinet was to always close the cabinet doors behind you since it would let others come in. Heather luckily was a well-mannered girl.

She looks around, the sounds of horses running outside and the clocks chiming in the back. She turns her head to the old watch near the window. She walks up to it and pulls up her watch.

'Sixteen-thirty'

The watch on the wall said whilst her watch on her wrist said 'Twelve-thirty'. The girl sucks in her breath not noticing. She looks around and rushed out scared not knowing. She walks around the busy road bumping into some people as her panic attack arose. The girl walks in a random bakery store where there stood a huge line.

She rushed to the front despite others behind her arguing that she was cutting. She caught the attention of the vendor.

"Excuse me?" She asked. The vendor nods towards her.

"What year is this?" The man stared at her with a dead look before laughing. He laughed so loudly that others around him too. The girl frowned until he continued to bag loaves of bread and other confections.

"Are you joking? It's eighteen-ninety lass..." The baker said. The girl felt worst, her head started to overreact, she nods her head giving the man a fake smile before slowly walking out of the door until she stopped. That was when her eyes rolled back.

"Woah!" Someone says catching her as she fell to the ground unconscious. Everyone gasped around the scene as the boy caught her gracefully understanding what she is. She stood out amongst others. The boy knew something wasn't right.

"What happened there, boy?" The boy looked up. He gave the vendor a kind smile acting like this always happened.

"Panic attack...Always happens no need to worry about..." The man nods before continuing. Everyone decided to gossip. The boy sighed out of annoyance before carrying the girl to the nearby apartment where he lays her down on the spare spring bed.

He sighs before preparing some hot drink for the soul. He never knew this day would come. Until the time of 'Eighteen-thirty'.

The girl's eyes opened slowly trying to adjust with the darkness that was lit up with soft lighting. Heather was still in an unconscious state of mind where she was still in shock. She looks around then down at her watch where it showed 'Twelve-thirty' still.

"Time doesn't change..." Startled a voice of a local. The girl jolts in her spring bed turning her attention to the right seeing a man. He sits quietly on the chair next to her's, eyes white and overall appearance was sharp. His accent was somewhat unrecognisable to her ears. She stayed silent watching the blind man explain. Though he gave a kind smile. His tan skin somewhat was velvet and complimented the soft lighting in the apartment.

"Where am I?" She asked. The man smiles at her.

"You are in a safe place in London. Nobody can hurt you...We are all witches and wizards..." She felt a bit relieved but was still frightened.

"What happened?" She asked looking down at her arms.

"You had a panic attack when you realised you were in the wrong year..." Heather raised her head confused.

"I'm sorry...I didn't introduce myself...My name is Velabahleke." He says. The girl frowned at the unpronounceable name. Then a figure behind him appeared. The exact replica of him appeared. A twin. Though he might appear like him, his eyes weren't. His eyes were filled with brown as he stood near him. Then a girl came out too. Her skin was pale and her hair tied into hairstyle Heather herself couldn't do.

"Though his name might be unpronounceable...People just call him Leke." His brother had a very posh British accent when his twin got a different one. The blind man turns behind him. Heather felt...Unknown.

"My brother Mtholephi but people call him Michael." The woman behind him placed a long arm around his shoulders where he holds her hand. Heather noticed a ring. A ring on the engagement finger.

"Wife?" She asked. Leke nodded.

"Bianca Opelé..." She says. The girl nodded her direction. She placed down her drink which was seemingly refillable to the brim.

"So...Can you do magic?" Asked the girl out of the blue. Leke sighed.

"Unfortunately...No...With my sight, I don't have the will to even touch a wooden stick that helps me through life...But luckily, I've inherited my mother's powers..." Heather grew curious.

"Which was..."

"Having the power to mind read. She was telepathic." The girl nodded.

"Leke if I knew you weren't in the room when I was fifteen years of age-"

"Michael I don't blame you brother...I could never blame you..." His voice was calming to hear. Leke's Nigerian accent surely did come off like a soothing control for her. Michael was more arrogant but was firm. Michael only cared for his brother and his safety.

"Heather how about a tour tomorrow around the streets...Hidden secrets..." Bianca chuckled. The girl nods.

"Sure." Michael nods before rushing over to change for the night. Bianca held his shoulder, Leke smiled at the girl who smiled back before he was sent to his bed.