Skye widened her already big eyes, “Boyfriend?” She repeated in disbelief, “Whatever happened to Aaron?”

  Summer flinched at her ex-boyfriend’s name. “He’s a douche,” She replied bluntly.

  “Well,” Skye brightened, “I am glad you moved on,”

  Summer smiled. This is exactly what she wanted everyone to believe; and maybe, herself too. “Yeah,” She smiled even wider and entwined Jake’s fingers in hers, “He’s the best.” She looked up at Jake in admiration.

  Jake blushed, “I am the luckiest guy alive,” He said. Summer grinned even more. She was purely enjoying this.

  “Well come on then,” Skye opened the door wider and let them in, “I’ll find Mom and Dad.”

They were led by Skye to the back garden. The sky was already darkening, swirls and swirls of crimson and orange painted the sky. It looked beautiful. Skye led them out to the nicely decorated patio and Summer gasped. Even Jake was surprised. There was a round table for 5 at the middle of the patio and there were little twinkling lights hung on the roof of the patio, creating a very warm and comfy atmosphere. Summer smiled. Jake tugged on her hand and they took a seat at the table, next to each other.

  “Summer!” Summer recognized her mother’s voice from behind her. She whipped her head to the entrance to the patio and saw her parents walking towards her, dressed smartly and casually. Her mother wore a white wrap dress and gold accessories plus light make up. She looked beautiful, even at an age pass 50. She had the same colored hair as Summer but Summer inherited her father’s eyes. Her father wore something similar to Jake’s attire; a simple shirt and long pants, except a different colour. Jake had worn a long-sleeved white shirt and black pants. Her father wore a white short-sleeved shirt and dark blue pants.

  “Mom,” Summer grinned instantly. She attempted to get up but her mother halted her.

  “You don’t have to get up,” She said, “The food is going to be served soon anyway.”

After they all got seated at the table, Skye included, they engaged into conversation immediately, with the close-to-dark sky fading into dark behind them and the twinkling little lights shining above them. Summer introduced Jake to her parents straight away.

  “Mom, Dad,” She smiled her brightest smile, “This is Jake Dawson, my new boyfriend.”

  “Boyfriend?” Summer’s mother, Regina, couldn’t help but blurt out. But she maintained her warm smile. “Since when?”

  “Just recently,” She held Jake’s hand in hers.

  “It’s been about 2 months since she broke up with Aaron,” Skye added. Jake’s grip tightened on Summer’s, his heart beating fast.

  “Well,” Summer’s father, Stephen, said, “You two make a fine couple.” Summer blushed immediately.

  “And did you say Dawson?” Regina inched her head closer to them and gave Summer a questioning look.

  “Yeah, Dawson,” Summer glanced at Jake and he nodded.

  “Yes, my surname is Dawson, Mrs. Falls,” Jake answered politely.

  “As in Robert Dawson’s son?” Regina asked further but added, “And please, call me Regina, dear.”

  “Yes, that is correct,” Jake nodded and smiled at Regina again.

  “Well Summy,” Stephen chuckled, “you definitely chose the right guy this time.” Regina shot him a glare and he stopped.

  “I thought you liked Aaron,” Summer muttered to herself.

  “It is a pleasure to have you dining with us, Jake,” Regina smiled warmly at Jake and he felt himself honored.

  “No, it is an even bigger pleasure to have your daughter as my girlfriend,” He said and Summer felt her cheeks heating up. Regina cooed.

  “Oh isn’t that the sweetest thing!” Regina loved the two of them as a couple. She then turned to Summer and whispered to her, “I think he’s way better than Aaron!”

  “So how is your father’s company doing lately, Jake?” Stephen asked, making conversation after the food arrived. Jake swallowed and cleared his throat before speaking.

  “It’s doing well, actually,” Jake said, taking a sip of orange juice, “Better than last year.”

  Stephen nodded, “That’s good,”

  “Very good,” Jake smiled politely. Stephen grinned. “By the way the food is amazing,”

  “Why thank you, Jake,” Regina smiled and blushed a little. “I cooked most of them, with the help of the chefs of course.”

  “They’re delicious,” Jake said, clearly enjoying himself and helping himself with another serving.

~*~

Throughout the evening, Jake had a good time. Stephen and Regina did too. They clearly liked Jake more than they liked Aaron. There was just something about Jake. Summer had to admit, he was really decent the whole time.

After bidding their goodbyes and exchanging some numbers, Jake and Summer stepped into Jake’s Porsche and left the Falls estate in a light and cheery mood.

  “Did you enjoy yourself?” Summer asked.

  “Of course,” Jake admitted, “Your parents are super cool.”

  “Well they are pretty awesome,” Summer grinned proudly. He chuckled.

  “They’re really nice,” He complimented further, “Most rich couples I know are snobbish and proud of themselves, I am surprised your mom cooked the food, most don’t.”

  “I guess my family is different,” I shrugged, “Even though we’re well-to-do we don’t really take things for granted. My father used to make me save up my allowances if I wanted things,”

  Jake widened his eyes, “Wow,” Jake nodded.

  “Exactly,” Summer laughed.

  “Well it was nice meeting them,” Jake said at last. “I really like them.”

  “Mm yeah,” Summer sighed with a smile, “They like you too.”

  Jake’s face broke into a grin and he relaxed slightly, “They bought the whole couple thing?”

  Summer felt a little guilt tug at her heart, “Yeah they did,” She said, not even trying to keep the guilt out from her voice.

  “We’re just that great of a couple, eh?” Jake joked, trying to lighten her mood. Summer laughed.

  “Best friends, for now,” Summer stated.

  “Best friends indeed,” Jake agreed before they lapsed into a comfortable silence all the way back.

~*~

Hey there guys!

Here's the Friday update! :) feedback is appreciated, guys! Vote, comment and fan! ;)

Julia ;D