177

Sebastian's head rested lightly on Jim's chest, his friend's steady heartbeat soothing his stress. He shut his eyes, focusing on the rhythm of Jim's heart and the light, almost hesitant strokes to Sebastian's hair.

"How are you feeling, Seb?"

Jim's voice softly rang out, and Sebastian opened his eyes, looking up at him.

"A little better," he mumbled an answer.

Jim nodded, wrapping his other arm gently around Sebastian in a gentle embrace.

"Just focus on whatever is calming you down, Bastian."

Sebastian nodded, returning to listening to Jim's heartbeat. The gentle, booming sound lulled the sniper to a peaceful sleep.

***

Sebastian woke up, looking up at Jim, expecting him to be asleep.

Jim glanced at him, lightly running his fingers gingerly through the thick blonde locks.

"Morning, Basher. Feeling any better?"

Sebastian nodded, smiling a little in thanks.

"I'll always be here for you, okay?" Jim mumbled, pressing a gentle kiss on the top of his friend's head.

"I know. Thanks, boss." Sebastian mumbled out.

"Hush, no need to thank me. What do you want for breakfast, Sebby?"

The nickname made Sebastian smile, "mmm, surprise me."

Jim smiled, ruffling the blonde locks gently before sitting up.

A/n: I wanted to write a thing were Jim comforts Sebastian after a nightmare. But I didn't go the boyfriends or husbands route.
I went with the close friendship that I headcanon they have. Jim being there for Sebastian, and Sebastian being there for Jim.