171

(Angst because of a comment.)

The beeping sound was driving Jim insane. It gave him false hope.

False hope that Sebastian was going to be okay.

He held the sniper's hand tightly, growling threateningly at anyone who tried to tell him to leave.

Sebastian kept falling in and out of consciousness. Eventually he stayed awake, tilting his head to look at Jim.

"Hey angel," he mumbled in a broken voice.

"Hey Bastian." Jim quietly responded, his grip on Sebastian's hand tightening.

The sniper tried to smile, shutting his eyes briefly.

"Damn medicine." Sebastian grumbled. Despite the fact he was almost dead when he got to the hospital, he still had no trust in them.

"Sorry you have to be here, Sebby. I-I panicked."

"Chèri, it's fine." Sebastian soothed.

Jim nodded slightly, brushing his lips against Sebastian's knuckles.

***

"Hey, Bastian?" Jim quietly said, keeping his voice steady. Sebastian glanced at him, humming, "hmm?"

"What did the ocean say to the sand?"

Sebastian made a confused face, "what?"

"Nothing, it just waved."

Sebastian burst out laughing at that, his gentle booming laugh making Jim's heart swell and sink.

The last time he got to hear Sebastian laugh, using the same joke he used to make him laugh the first time.

A/n: Idfk what happened to Seb so don't ask.
I'm aware of how many plot holes I have.