59

(parent!lock)

"Seb, why are you carrying a young child?" Jim asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, she was alone and I felt bad." Seb answered, shrugging.

"Mmm. You're heart is so pure, Moran." Jim chuckled.

"Can she stay here?" Seb asked quietly. Jim melted at the puppy dog eyes Seb gave him (even though he was going to say yes either way).

"Of course she can, Seb."

***

The young girl (who didn't talk much) soon became the criminal mastermind and assassin's daughter. At first the young girl (who said she her name was Alex when she spoke) was just someone Seb saved.

He was the first to call Alex his daughter.

"Our daughter's asleep. She's a good kid," Seb murmured, sitting across.

"Moran, Alex isn't our daughter. We're just taking care of her at the moment." Jim shook his head.

"Then she's just my daughter then." Seb muttered. Jim shrugged, not paying attention.

Soon after, Jim considered Alex his daughter.

Seb was out, which meant Jim had to take care of Alex.

Since he wasn't sure how to care for a child, Jim didn't do any work in fear of the child breaking something.

"Er...hungry?" Jim asked. Alex looked up from her drawing and nodded. The two walked into the kitchen, and Jim made French Fries and a bowl of ceral for the child.

"Thanks, Dad." Alex whispered before happily eating her lunch.

Jim froze when he was called "dad", a smile growing on his face.

"Anytime, kiddo." he said, ruffling Alex's hair.

***

"I take back what I said. Alex is our daughter." Jim announced.

Seb raised an eyebrow, grinning. "Alright, boss."

Alex always thought of the two as her parents. Since she never really talked, it surpised both when she first called them "dad".

The first time Alex called Seb "dad", he nearly cried.

***

"Dad?" Alex called out early in the morning. Seb was confused for a moment, thinking he was hearing thing. "Dad!"

He turned to face Alex. It was the day after he saved her, actually.

"Hey, Alex. Sleep well?" Seb asked, still convinced he was hearing things.

Alex nodded, hugging Seb suddenly. Confused, Seb hugged back.

"Thanks for helping me Dad." Alex mumbled.

Tears flooded Seb's eyes when he realized Alex already considered him a father figure.

"I was just doing what's right for once," Seb chuckled, patting the girl's head. She smiled brightly, silently giggling.

The Moran-Moriarty family was a happy one, and probably the purest thing Seb and Jim had in their lives was raising that young girl.

A/n: This was so pure omg