Chapter 44 "Remembrance"

So much for '3 chapters update' dksmmfksk, my holiday is ending next Monday oof-

I just want to thank you if you're still hanging around here, if you still keep this book in your library cause it means a lot to me :')

So sorry for slow updates, I promise I'll end this book this year (LIKE FOR REAL THIS TIME LOL)

And then I'll start editing it

Enjoy reading ^^

___________________________________

Meliodas smiled to Elie and Olie as they hugged the man standing at the center as the crowd awed at their reunion.

Elie fixes her hair that was just ruffled by her father and went straight into Meliodas' welcoming arms.

"How have you been?" Meliodas ruffled her hair and she shakes her hair, "I've been doing well! Except that Olie's been bullying me a lot lately."

He chuckled, "I'm sure your brother feels bored because we're away for weeks."

Elie pouted and raised her head to look at Meliodas as he stood up from his kneeling position, "He's only older than me for 6 minutes! And I've been feeling really bored as well!"

"Elie, I've missed you!"

Upon hearing Diane's voice calling her name, Elie immediately took off running towards Diane leaving Meliodas standing alone in the crowd.

"Capt'n, let's go drink and drunk tonight." Ban patted his shoulder before walking off. Meliodas only waved to him, "Yeah yeah."

The crowded area at the gate soon became quiet as Meliodas is the only one left standing there.

"Meliodas?"

Meliodas shuts his eyes tightly as he tightens his fist, "You're not real."

"Huh? What do you-"

"You're dead!" As he said that, he opened his eyes and released the tight grip he's been having from his fist to only face Elie's confused and frightened look.

Meliodas hurriedly take steps towards the little princess as she only shook her head quickly to shake off the tears and fear she's feeling,

"The sky is getting darker, why are you still here?" Meliodas asked with a smile as he slowly approached the young girl, forgetting the event that happened just now where he mistook Elie as Elizabeth.

"I didn't see you in the castle, so I thought you might be in the bar."

Meliodas smiled sincerely upon hearing her concerns and couldn't help but to ruffle her white hair which she inherited from Margaret.

"Let's go back to the castle, your parents must be wondering where you are." Meliodas hold her small hand to guide her back but she stood rooted to the spot.

"What's wrong?"

Elie pointed towards the gate, "I don't want to go back yet. Let's hang out!"

Meliodas raised his eyebrow in amusement, "You talk like you're a real adult now."

___________________________________

"Your orange juice has improved!" Elie gave Meliodas a thumbs up as she resumed to drink the juice made by him.

"Being with Ban for all day has its perks." Meliodas settled down as he sits on the stool beside Elie's.

"Are you still thinking of Aunty Elizabeth?"