Chapter 12 "Sounds Just Like You"

A knock on the door made Elizabeth twitch in surprise, she was up all night (Owl City came to mind) thinking her decision, she quickly get in her room from the balcony and walk towards the door, it's only 6 in the morning, who could it be?

"Yes?" Elizabeth's polite tone ring the person's ears. Elizabeth gasp seeing the person in front of her, she smiled in joy as that person follows her in her smile. "Diane!"

"Elizabeth!" Diane shout in joy as she hugged her and Elizabeth hugged her back. Diane broke the hug and smile widely. "Is everything okay?" Elizabeth ask in worried face. Diane shook her head and continue her smile.

"Why are you up so early? Is everyone else has wake up too?" Elizabeth ask and all Diane do was shook her head, it got Elizabeth a bit confused and worried, what had happen to her all of a sudden?

"Diane.. Are you really alright? Has Lord Meliodas done something awful? What about Hawk?" Elizabeth ask again with serious tone as she hold Diane's hand.
"Waaahh!! I've been waiting for you to ask that." Diane hug her which surprise Elizabeth and she is totally confused.

"What do you mean? And ask what?" Elizabeth broke the hug and Diane give her a childish smile.

"I've been waiting for you to ask about the captain. I thought you forget about him.. And of course Hawk too!" She replied and Elizabeth blush. Diane notice it and gave her a teasing smile. "Looks like the princess' feelings hasn't faded (The monster's running wild inside of me, I'm faded~)."

"Diane!" Elizabeth shout in polite tone which make both of them chuckles. They soon notice King was floating in the air with his pillow as he yawn and he approach them.

"Good morning, Lady Elizabeth! You look fine and the same." King greeted in his old fatty form. Elizabeth smiles and reply, "Good morning Lord King, you haven't change too." King smile and he change his form to kid King.

"Diane.. Today we have been given a task by His Majesty to investigate a town nearby that has been reporting that the town was attack by a group of wolves." King informed and this made Diane frown. "But I thought it was a day off?" She ask in puppy eyes, King look away in blush as Elizabeth giggles.

"Hi-His Majesty was originally giving this task to The Dawn Roar but captain wanted to take the mission.. And yeah.. So we'll be leaving in 30 minutes!" King said in excitement, he obviously wanted Diane to go with them.

"But it's only a group of wolves, The Dawn Roar could handle it easily and is everyone participating in this?" She ask, she obviously doesn't want to go.

"It's not just a group of wolves, the people living in that town reported that a group of people was behind it, they steal away the town's money and breaks everything they saw. And the people used weapons... The captain wants all of the sins to participate in this mission." King sigh but still hoping that Diane would go.

"But why? You guys can handle it easily no? I want to stay here with Elizabeth." She cried, Elizabeth was patting her shoulder and King float in front of her. "It will be best to leave Lady Elizabeth alone for now because Prince Gilfrost will arrive in about 1 more hour." King said cooly, Elizabeth gasp in surprise.

"Gilfrost is coming today?" She ask and King nodded. Diane was now calming down and look at King.

"But why did the captain wants to do this mission?" She ask while rubbing her teary eyes.

"About that... If someone manage to handle the group of wolves and the people that were behind it... The town will reward them cash money.. About 5000 silver coins and if the town is satisfied and didn't have to deal anymore damage.. The king will reward them who finished this mission five more gold coins." King sigh while letting out a fake laugh. Elizabeth giggles and Diane sigh.

"No wonder why captain wants us all to be in this. I bet he's too excited." Diane shook her head in defeat and then smile at King, "I'll join in!" She said happily. Elizabeth smiles at them both and Diane turn to her.

"Elizabeth, I have tons of questions and stories I want to ask and share to you so.. Don't go anywhere!" Elizabeth nods still keeping her smiling face.

"We better get going now Diane.. Lady Elizabeth, we'll see you later." King smiled to Elizabeth before flying off to where they'd probably should gather. Diane frowned for a second but quickly change it into a smile when King look back at them. Diane started off walking with Elizabeth waving her goodbye. After they are no where to be spotted, Elizabeth returned to her room and headed towards the bathroom.

Diane and King reached to a certain small hall where they are told to gather there with the other members.

Upon arriving, they spotted their captain and Gowther are there talking, more like.. Telling secrets to each other because of their serious faces and small voice. Meliodas noticed them entering the hall and stop continuing his conversation with Gowther.

"Captain, where's Ban?" Diane ask not minding their suspicious conversation. King, however begin to think all things around. But he just throw that thought away because the captain was talking with Gowther, the non atmosphere reader and therefore he thinks that they are just talking their topics normally.

"He said he wanted to take a dump." Meliodas replied with his usual poker face while crossing his arms.

"Who said who wanted to take a dump?~" Ban entered the hall with annoyed face while approaching them, Meliodas grinned in return.

"Captain, if you do not mind me asking, why do we have to left early? Isn't the village is only about two hours from here?" Gowther ask tilting his head and everyone nodded.

"If we arrived at noon, the village will be done for and if we arrive early, there is a possibility that those thieves will come by to the bar and we will take care of them." Meliodas replied while closing his eyes still with crossing arms. He sounded so confident.

"About the wolves?" Gowther ask.

"Diane and King will take care of it." He replied while nodding.

"M-Me and Diane?! Wh-Why not Ban or Gowther?!" King blush and was obviously trying to cover his red face.

"Because Gowther will be the waiter and Ban will be the cooker, I bet that they will spend even one second in the bar after tasting my supreme cooking!"

"Sounds just like you Cap'n~" Ban laugh hardly.

"The thieves not going to pay anyway." Diane smiles brightly, making King blush again. "Enough the chit chat, let's get going. Mama Hawk is waiting outside with Hawk." Meliodas walk outside where Mama Hawk are just outside the southern gate waiting.

"I bet you just want to finish this mission quickly and return here to see Gilfrost's face. And also Lady Elizabeth / Elizabeth / the princess 's answer.

Sounds just like you Captain."

Ban, Diane and King thought while walking behind him with a smirk while Gowther was trying to read the atmosphere.