Chapter 22 "Time Skip"

It's been exactly a month. A month since The Seven Deadly Sins left for their mission. A week since Elizabeth's death.

The news wasn't spread outside the Liones Kingdom for their own good. The people still grieves over her sudden death. Her family wasn't expecting it, but what else could they do?

"I wonder how the Sins will react after hearing this news." Veronica mumbled quietly inside Margaret's room.

"Who knows, but what we do know is that they will feel the same pain as we have felt." Margaret sighed and closed the book that she's been reading.

"Father acted like nothing happened since then.." Veronica wondered, "I wonder if he saw this happening from his power."

Once again, Margaret opened the book like she has done many times to only flip the pages and only to close it again. "Who knows."

"We should move on too, there's no point to think about this anymore." She sighed.

Veronica snapped as she turned to face her older sister who was sitting on a chair beside her bed while Veronica stood over by the window. "But she's our beloved sister! We can't-"

"Veronica, it's been a week." She said sternly. "From now on, I don't want to hear you talking about this matter again. Move on." She said as she closed her eyes in frustration.

Veronica closed her mouth and shook her head.

A month later.

The Sins have finally finished their mission and now are approaching the Liones Castle.

The Sins entered the building and the guards gave them a hesitating look and they raised eyebrows. "What's wrong with them?" Ban asked, somehow annoyed by the looks that they're receiving.

They entered the throne room after successfully ignoring the weird looks that were given by guards and maids that they've passed by. As they entered, they noticed the princess's chair that was supposed to be three was reduced to only two. Veronica and Margaret sat there as they change glances.

The report and talk went well and they were given time to rest at Merlin's castle before joining the royal family for a dinner.

"Just what's wrong with them?" Ban asked again after they exited the castle. Before anyone could answer him, Veronica called them from behind.

"I need to tell you guys something."

It felt as if the world had gone all black. At least, that's what Meliodas felt when he heard the words coming out from Veronica's mouth.

The others fell into dead silence and was overwhelmed by the news, they couldn't speak, or even look into anyone's face. Diane fell to the floor and tears started to run down her cheeks, she shooked her head trying to accept what had happened.

"It happened very sudden. None of us knew this was coming. But I think, she knew it clearly already." Veronica continued after a long heavy pause.

Meliodas could feel his wrath coming and he quickly went out of the room and started running where the path is taking him to.
After a long time running, he fell onto the ground in some forest and started crying. His teeth are gritted, his hand was formed into fists. He whimpered in pain and the tears were hot as it came out from his eyes.

"I couldn't save both of the women I owe deeply to." He thought bitterly and punched the dirt hard.

His mind started to recall a memory from 3000 years ago, which a certain goddess was in the memory as well.

"Meliodas, you need to be able to control your wrath better next time." She said strictly as he hummed while laying on the grass. "It'll be fine, as long as no one pisses me off I'm good." He smiles.

The goddess sat beside him and gave him a small smile, "It was a luck that your father was able to dismissed that matter without any ruckus, unlike before."

To this, Meliodas looked at her and smiled back, "It's all thanks to you. You were the one who always teaches me how to behave. Especially with my short temper personality."

He pauses a while before continuing, "I don't believe in luck, actually."

The goddess gave a slight chuckle, "Of course, just like your father."

Meliodas sat up and looked into the goddess's eyes, "I'm sorry I'm such a bother to you."

She shooked her head, "If you really are, then please promise me to control your wrath the best as you could."

Meliodas smiled and nodded, "I promise."

She then took both of his hands and gave them a tight grip. "Even if you are to become the next demon king, I know you will always have that kind side in you."

Meliodas knew where the conversation is heading to, "Please- I can-"

"No, there is no way out of this." She released the grip and Meliodas felt empty as her warm hands left his cold ones.

"Don't you think that a demon and a goddess will actually be quite a good pair?" She smiled brightly at him.

"I think it would be quite a great pair." He answered and hugged her tightly and she started to stroke his back.

"Meliodas, your future ahead won't be easy, especially when you're half demon and half goddess's blood. That is why, you must be able to control your wrath and emotion, because what you will face ahead will tear you apart."

Meliodas shut his eyes and hugged her tightly.

"I will, mother."

Happy new year 2018 :)
This book is nearly 2 years old. How fast does the time flies