Chapter 18 "I Made My Final Decision"

The other Sins and Hawk woke up inside the same room inside the Boar Hat. Diane was in her human size and they looked at each other confusingly before they snapped back to reality and went to search for their Captain.

Ban opened the front door of the bar real hard and saw Meliodas was sitting on his knees on top of  Mama Hawk's head.

"Cap'n." He called and receive no reply or even a movement from him. King looked around and noticed that they're on their way back to Liones.

"Captain! What happened?" Diane called and walk towards Meliodas hurriedly.

"Mission is over." He said without any emotion. And they knew something bad had happened. "I'll explain everything once we're together with Bartra. So just rest." He continued. He hasn't move a bit and Diane was hesitating if she should jump in front of her captain but King called her.

Elizabeth and Gilfrost was on the same rooftop again after she shared her journey with him. They were watching the town quietly with only the winds passing them by.

"It seemed that His Majesty demands an answer from us." Gilfrost said and sighed.

"I honestly don't know, Gilfrost. If I don't take this proposal, I'm afraid that father will fall sick." Elizabeth sighed deeply and looked at him. "What about you?"

Gilfrost turned to face her and smiled, "I told you before that I have someone else in my mind back in my kingdom. And that I'm scared that my father will not be able to accept my rejection when he thought he could promote the kingdom with our marriage."

To this, they both sighed deeply. "Being the youngest of our siblings isn't so nice, is it?" He chuckled and was followed by Elizabeth.

"I think, we know the answer to our proposal." She smiled and he followed. As they were entering inside the castle again, Elizabeth felt a sharp pain on her heart and she stopped her tracks.

Gilfrost noticed her painful expression and he took her waist, "Are you okay?"

After breathing for a moment, she nodded. "I'm fine. Probably because of tiredness."

They proceeded to the throne room to face the king with their final decision.

The Sins have arrived at Liones and they were walking towards the throne room to report the king of their mission. Meliodas remained silent along the way and the others followed behind him quietly.

When they entered the room, Meliodas saw Elizabeth standing in front of Bartra with a man who they said was Gilfrost.

They were standing too close. Very close to Meliodas dislike.

Whatever they were talking, they stopped as the Sins entered the room. Bartra, Margaret, Veronica and Gilfrost looked at them while Elizabeth remained motionless.

"I will call you guys as soon as our talk ends. For now, do rest and it is good to see you made it back safely." He said and they bowed before exiting the room.

"Father, I will not accept this proposal." Elizabeth stated again when the Sins left the room.

Bartra stood in front of them two with a concerned and look.

"Your Majesty, we both have agreed and made decisions to not be in this marriage. Please understand." Gilfrost spoke sincerely.

Bartra breaths in, "Are you sure, Elizabeth?"

Elizabeth looked into his eyes with determination and courage. "Yes father. This is my final decision."

After a while, Bartra nodded, "Alright. I understand. I believe that the throne will be inherited by Margaret then."

Margaret smiled, "Yes." She never had a problem to be the heir to the throne but the only problem was Gilthunder. She didn't want to stop his journey.

Bartra took Elizabeth and Gilfrost's hands, "I cannot force you into marriage if that is not what your heart wanted. Do please forgive me for the act of such foolishness."

They both shook their heads and smiled, "Don't blame yourself. It's no one's fault." Gilfrost smiled and everyone in the throne room smiled at that statement.