Confused Emotions

Start from the beginning

"Steven, are you talking to that mirror?" Circo asked. Steven looked up to see us and said, "Hi Circo! Hi Luna!" He stood up and said, holding out the mirror, "I was, and this is my new friend. Say hello!"

We both looked at the mirror, our reflections staring back at us. Circo raised an eyebrow and said, "How can it say hello, Steven?"

"It repeats anything it sees!" he said. Just then, I saw Lapis appear on the surface of the mirror, saying, "Hi Circo! Hi Luna!"

"Hi?" said Circo. My hands flew to my mouth. Well, my one free hand did; Circo was still holding my other hand. I felt tears collecting into my eyes, and I whispered, "Lapis?"

"Luna? Is everything okay?" Steven asked, glancing at the mirror.

"Did you see something else besides Steven saying hello?" asked Circo. I looked between them and back at Lapis, who was still on the surface. She was shaking her head, as if saying I shouldn't tell them I could see her.

"...No," I said, noticing as Lapis smiled.

"Well, anyway, I was on my way to go show my new friend to the gems. Want to come?" he asked. Just then, I saw Lapis' face drop and her scream, "No!"

"Is....that mirror okay?" Circo asked. I didn't say anything, even though it was hard to say anything when you could see a person inside the mirror.

"It's just shy," Steven said, as Lapis again screamed, "No!"

"Don't worry, the gems are a good audience," he said, starting to run back to the house.

"Steven! Wait!" I said, ripping my hand from Circo's grip and running after him.

"Luna!" Circo said, running to catch up, "What's wrong?"

"Everything if we don't catch Steven before he enters the house!" I said, pushing more speed in every step as I ran. Tears started streaming down my cheeks, as the thought and questions raced through my head.

'Lapis had been in that mirror? Why? Was she trapped? It did seem like she was trapped. Who put her there? The gems? They couldn't have! They would never!.....would they?'

As I ran, I didn't notice the rock stuck in the sand. I tripped over it and barrel rolled in the sand, landing flat on my face when I came to a stop. I spat out the sand in my mouth and quickly looked up. Steven had already reached the house and was now walking inside.

"Lapis," I said, quickly getting up. By now, Circo caught up to me and grabbed my wrist, "What is your problem?! What's going on?!" he asked.

"I'll explain everything when I grab that mirror!" I yelled back, growing angry.

"I'm not letting go until I get an explanation!"

"There's no time!"

"There's plenty of time!"

"NO. THERE'S. NOT!" I snapped; I don't even remember doing it. But suddenly, a water whip lashed out of the water and grabbed Circo's wrist. It lifted him in the air, and threw him against the rock wall. He fell and landed in the sand in a heap. I gasped, as the water whip went back into the ocean. I stood there, frozen.

What do I do? Circo appeared to be unconscious. I couldn't just leave him! But Lapis needed me. I looked at Circo, and whispered, "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me," and ran towards the house. I got up the steps and made it to the door, and heard Lapis screaming, "No!" Just as I opened the door, I heard Garnet say, "Steven, it's just a mirror. A tool. It can't want anything."

"Excuse me?" I said, low but angry. Lapis stopped screaming no, and instead said, "Luna!"

The gems looked at me, all surprised. "Luna! You know about the mirror too?" said Pearl, trying to act casual.