Leaving NZ

Hello my fellow weirdos! So here it is, what you've been waiting for! This is the third book after my other two (You Have Got To Be Kidding Me... and Never Thought I'd See You Again)

I asked if you guys wanted another one and you replied yes! I'm glad you did otherwise all these great ideas that I've had my head for a while now would have been washed down the drain. So yay, thank you!

Pic of New Zealand's first class seats over there ————————> Look what I've been missing out on!!!! Why do my parents have to be poor?!?!?! Why god!

Dramatic moment over. Unfortunately, this will be the last book in the series. *insert sad face here* so after this, the adventure is coming to a close.

But that's not gonna be for a while yet, so until then, enjoy the first chapter of Status: On Tour With 1D!

******************************************************************************************************************

I rested my head against the window as I watched the trees fly past. I drank in the sight, knowing I wouldn't be here for nearly a year. The next time I'd see this country or my family again would be in October, a whole ten months. That's like, three seasons away. A whole 40 weeks, 280 days and god knows how many hours.

It was the 28th of December 2012, only three days after Christmas and we were heading to Auckland to catch the next flight to London. After much discussion with Mr Dean and our parents, they'd finally let us take a gap year to go tour with One Direction. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I mean, how many people do you know that have been asked to go on tour with a famous boy band? My mum was the first to say I could go, soon followed by Sue (Chelsea's mum). Esther took the longest to convince, but finally crumbled under our pleads. Chelsea and I both refused to go without her.

"We're here." Mum said quietly, alerting me that we'd arrived at the airport. Christina was already here and Chelsea wasn't far away. Mum helped me with my suitcases and we wheeled them into the building, joining the back of the line. Christina waved to me from where she was near the front. I smiled and waved back.

I couldn't understand the feelings churning in my stomach. There was excitement for the days ahead, happiness at being able to see the boys again, nervous because I'd never been outside the Southern Hemisphere before, sadness from leaving my family behind and a whole lot more I couldn't distinguish. I was also feeling daunted by the whole thing. I mean, New Zealand is a pretty small country. Our cities aren't that big. I'm talking a population of around 4,500,000 people. That's about the same amount of people living in New York. Actually, I'm pretty sure there's more than that. You know what I'm trying to say here. Just hearing about the sizes of the cities overseas scares me a bit.

"Please place your bags on the belt and we'll load them into the plane for you." the person at the desk said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I did as she asked and me and mum joined Christina and Esther. I noticed Chelsea and Sue nearly at the front and sent a weak grin Chelsea's way.

We wandered through the small store, getting supplies for the long plane ride ahead of us. I got a book that I'd been searching for call The Girl in The Steel Corset and mum brought it for me, along with the block of Whittaker's chocolate, a whole load of lollies, Pineapple Lumps, Pringles and Cheds. I'm eating the whole packet of Cheds on the plane, they are my favorite crackers ever and Niall is not going to take them away from me! I'm going to be Ched, Pineapple Lump and Whittaker chocolate deprived for ten months!! This is gonna be torture!!!

"All passengers flying to London please make your way towards gate four." a voice over the intercom said. That was us. I gripped my mum in a tight hug, trying to memorize her feel, her voice and her smell (even if it was 86% perfume). I'd be living without her for ten months after all.