New Years Night

So Valentine's Day is approaching. It's there, on the horizon. I can already smell the roses I'm never going to get. At least I still get presents! So while everyone is out celebrating their relationships, I'll be out celebrating my 16th birthday! I will be uploading a one shot sometime on Valentine's so keep an eye out for that.

I also posted a one shot on the 1st. So go read it! Go on, shoo, read it, tell me what cha think.

Now a little about the story I'm gonna start after this one. It's called Cowell's School for the Gifted and it's an AU so boys aren't gonna be famous. It's gonna have me, Chelsea and Christina in it as well PLUS two new girl characters. Sophie who is one of my friends from school and Lexz, my Wattpad bestie who I met when she randomly messaged me one day. I've made a rough copy of the blurb that needs to be tweeked and I'm still working on the cover. I've already made three but I don't like any of them. I'll get there one day.

That's about it for my little diary entry so yeah. On with the story!

****************************************************************************************************************************

"IF YOU LIKE PINA COLADAS!!!!" we all sang obnoxiously loudly. "AND GETTING CAUGHT IN THE RAIN!!!! IF YOU'RE NOT INTO YOGA!!!! IF YOU HAVE HALF A BRAIN!!!! IF YOU LIKE MAKING LOVE AT MIDNIGHT!!!! IN THE DUNES OF THE CAPE!!!! THEN I'M THE LOVE THAT YOU'VE LOOKED FOR!!!! WRITE TO ME AND ESCAPE!!!!"

"This just reminds me of the time I walked into Toy World and the song on the radio was 'I wanna have sex on the beach.' I couldn't stop giggling about it for ages!" I recalled earning a few laughs.

"The pina coladas are done!" Louis yelled in triumph. "I still remember how to make them!"

"You looked it up on Google," Chelsea pointed out.

"Exactly!" he grinned. "If you want some, you must get your own glass! Now chop chop!" he said in a posh accent, clapping his hand together.

We all raced into the kitchen and I grabbed the first cup I saw, taking it back to where the jugs of pina coladas were and pouring myself a nice tall glass.

I took a tip, smiling a little. "Tastes like fruit juice!"

Liam stared at me oddly and I gave him a puzzle look. "What?"

"Is that a beer mug?"

I looked down at the glass I was using and what do you know! "Huh, so it is!"

"You're gonna drink a cocktail out of a beer mug?"

"Uh, yeah!" I said as though it was obvious. "I'm just so classy!"

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I unlocked it to find that Liam had just sent a tweet.

@ItsKateMate is the only person I know who calls themselves classy while drinking a pina colada from a beer mug -__-

"Why thank you Liam!" I grinned at him. "I want ice-cream."

I wandered into the kitchen and stole a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's. It was flavoured Cheesecake Brownie or something but it was amazing and not surprisingly, I got a huge sugar rush.

"IT'S A BUNNY!!!!" I yelled as I spotted a giant stuffed rabbit. "It's got ears and a vest and the itty bitty teeny tiny nose! I just wanna hug it to pieces!" So I did.

"What is wrong with you? You're more hyper than usual," Harry asked, walking in during mine and the bunny's hugging session.

"I had a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream AND pina coladas!! What did you expect?!" I exclaimed. "Can we cook the curly fries now?!?! Please!!"

"Fine,"

"YAY!!" I squealed, jumping onto his back. "ONWARDS HORSEY!!!" He just chuckled and started walking to the kitchen. I stared thoughtfully at his curly hair. "I wonder if I could be Remy the rat in a human body..."

I took a hold of a clump of hair and tugged sharply to test my theory. "Ow!" Harry yelled. "What'd you do that for?!"

"Poo! You didn't behave like that guy off Ratatouille!" I pouted. "That sucks! Now I can't control you by your hair!"

"I sometimes wonder why you're not in a mental home right now."

"Me too!" I grinned. "We have something in common after all!"

"What's that supposed to mean?" he said, sounding slightly offended.

"A lot of things. You're a guy, I'm a girl. You have curly hair, mine's straight. You can sing, I can't. Directioners love you while they hate me. You once had tampons in your hair and I was the one who threw them. The list goes on and on."

"That was a dark time for me." He recalled, shuddering slightly.

"But it was hilarious for me!" I laughed. "You do realise it was food colouring, don't you?"

"Now you tell me! I thought it was actual blood!"

"Ew, gross! I wouldn't be THAT mean!"

Harry forbade me from entering the kitchen while he was cooking the curly fries as he believed I was 'too hyper' and would just destroy the kitchen. So I went and played a game of pin-the-tail-on-Louis-before-he-even-realises-that-he's-the-ass-of-the-game (He got pretty annoyed when he found out. Man that boy can be sassy. And assy)

Eventually the night found me standing outside in the snow with a bowl of warm curly fries, waiting for the countdown to begin.

"Ten!" voices yelled from somewhere far away. "Nine! Eight! Seven! Six! Five! Four! Three! Two!"

"ONE!!!!" I yelled out. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"

So it was finally 2013 and there was one thing I knew for certain; this year was gonna change my life for sure.

I could feel it.