Work and Serpents

B POV
I got home from work, and Jughead was asleep on the couch with Juliet on top of him. I took a quick picture before they could move. I chuckle and go to the kitchen. I check my schedule, and head to my room to change into my pajamas. I put on some sweatpants and I sports bra. I went back to the living room, and carefully picked up Juliet. I set her on my bed, and went back to the living room.

"You know, we were sleeping real good." I hear, making me jump. "Seriously Jughead. I didn't want to hear her whining because her neck hurt from laying on you." I chuckle. "Fair enough. I have to go to the bar in a little bit." he says. I sat next to him and he pulled me into his lap. "You wanna come with me?" he asks. "If Juliet wakes up before you leave." I reply and rest my head on his shoulder. He kisses my head, and I look up at him. "What are we?" I ask. Before he could answer Juliet jumped on us. "Hi bug." I smile at her. "Hi mommy. Hi daddy." she grins. "What are doing up?" he asks. "I can't sleep." she replies. "Do you want to go to daddy's bar?" I ask. "The one we always go to?" she asks and I nod. "Yea." she says.

J POV
We pulled up at the bar and I put Juliet on my shoulders. She was giggling as we walked in. Everyone went quiet and stared. "Why are they staring daddy?" she whispers. "Back to work." I shout, and she giggles. I set her on the bar and Betty went around and hugged Toni. They were whispering. "Are you talking about me?" I squint my eyes at them. "You'll never know Jones." Toni says. Betty chuckles and shakes her head. "What would you like bug?" she asks. "My usual." she replies. "You have a usual?" I arch my eyebrow at her and she giggles. "Here bug." Betty says, and hands Juliet a glass. "Relax Jughead. It's just cherry coke." Toni laughs. I laugh sarcastically at them, making Juliet giggle. "I have some meeting that I need to go to now." I say and kiss Juliet's cheek. "See you later." I head up the stairs and start the meeting.

B POV
"So you told him?" Toni asks. "More like they finally got it out of me." I chuckle. Juliet looks at us innocently, making Toni laugh. "She has you wrapped around her little finger." Toni says. "I wouldn't have it any other way. Sooner or later she'll have it the same way with Jughead." I say. "I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have it any other way either." she smiles. Juliet crawls to the side of the bar we were on and dangled her legs off it. I smile at her and kiss her head. A couple of the serpents started arguing, and then one shoved the other into the bar, making Juliet fall. She hit the ground before I could catch her. I pick her up and hug her tightly. "Shhhhh. It's ok bug." I whisper, bouncing her. "It hurts Mommy." she cries. "What hurts?" I ask. "My knee." she sobs. I set her on the seat, kneeling in front of her. I rolled her pants up, and her knee had scrapes on it. "Can we go to daddy's office?" she sobs. "Toni. Can you go see if Jughead is done with his meeting." I say. "Give me a second. I will be right back." she runs up the stairs.

J POV
There was a knock on the door. "Come in." I yell. "Hey, Betty was wondering if your meeting was over." Toni says. "Almost. Probably another 5 minutes." I reply and she nods, closing the door before heading back downstairs.

The meeting was over and I went downstairs with them. I spotted Betty trying to calm Juliet. I walk over to them and saw her pants were rolled up. "What happened?" I ask taking her from Betty. "A couple of the serpents were shoving each other and one hit the bar, making her fall. I couldn't get to her in time and she scraped her knee." Betty says and hands her to me. I kiss her head and try to calm her. "Hey Bug. It's ok. Shhh." I whisper. "It hurts." she cries. "I know. How about I give you back to mommy and I get some stuff to make it feel better?" I ask and she nods. I hand her back to Betty and get some spray, gauze and wrap.

Betty set her on the bar, and I looked at her knee. It was pretty banged up. It had a few scrapes and it started to bruise. I spray it and wipe it gently. I put some gauze on and wrap it. The serpents start shoving each other and I turn towards them. "Enough!" I yell. They stop and stare at me. "Sorry king." they say in unison. I turn back to Juliet and roll her pants back down before picking her up. "It still hurts." she whines. "I know." I kiss her cheek and we head up to the office. I set her in my chair. She giggles as I spin it gently.

B POV
I changed the back ground on my phone to Juliet sleeping Jughead while they were sleeping on the couch. I smiled at my phone and there was a knock on the door. "Come in." Jughead yells. "King, we are sorry for the rough housing downstairs." they say. "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. You made Juliet fall off the bar." he says. "We had no idea. We are so sorry Juliet." they say and she nods. I could tell she was uncomfortable, and Jughead could tell too. "Anything else?" he asks. "No king. We will leave you alone now." they close the door and head back down the stairs. Juliet let's out a breath. "You ok bug?" I ask. "They look scary." she says. "How about we go to pops, and you can get a vanilla milkshake." Jughead says. "Yea." she hops out of his chair, and he puts her on his shoulders. He holds onto her hands and we head down the stairs. I chuckle and shake my head as we go down. "Bye Toni. I'll see you later." I say. "Bye B." she says. We walk out of the bar. "Hold on a second. I need a picture." I exclaim. "Seriously." he says. "Yes!" Juliet squeals. I giggle and take a picture. Juliet wanted to pose for some, so I took some more. "Ok. No more." Jughead demands. "Ok. Ok. We can go now." I get Juliet off his shoulders and buckle her in her car seat. Jughead drives us to pops and carries Juliet inside.

J POV
We got Juliet a vanilla milkshake. She was in between Betty and I, half asleep. "Tired?" I teased. She nods and rests her head on my arm. I move my arm and wrap it around her, her head resting on my side. "Can we stay at your house?" she asks. "You still staying in that room?" Betty asks. "Sometimes, or the house in Greendale." I reply. "How about we sleep at our house, then tomorrow we can go to daddy's house?" Betty asks and she nods. "Are you through with your milkshake? I think mommy's gonna drink it." I say. Her head snapped up to look at Betty and her milkshake. She takes a sip, eyeing Betty. She giggles and ruffles her hair. "I'm not getting your milkshake. Finish it up, you can't keep your eyes open." Betty says.

Juliet finishes her milkshake and we head to Betty's apartment. Betty carries her to her bed and goes to the bathroom to get ready for bed. I tuck Juliet in and get in next to her. Betty gets in on the other side of her and we fall asleep.