Are the rumors true

Eric's: POV

"We have two new students here today, please welcome Eric Hutton and Amber Austin!" said Jenny. Everyone looked at us and Amber held her close to me. "Thank you, miss!" I replied polite.

"Are the rumors true?" asked a girl. "What rumors?" I asked. "That your dad was married to Adam List!" she said. "Not anymore!" I replied. "It must have been terrible!" said a boy. "I don't want to talk about it!" I replied.

"They've been through a lot, so don't ask any questions!" said Jenny strictly. "Thanks!" replied Amber. "You're welcome dear!" she said softly.

We walked to our seats and sat down. Some students were still looking at us and it was pretty annyoing.

"We are safe here, right?" asked Amber scared. "To be honest with you, I don't know!" I said. "I'm scared!" she replied.

"It's okay to be afraid!" I said. "I don't want to die!" replied Amber. "You won't, I'll protect you!" I said.

***

"How was the first school day?" asked papa. "Horribe!" I said. "What happened?" asked dad.

"The students constantly asked questions about your marriage with Adam and how it was to have a killer as stepfather!" I said coldly.

"Don't care about them, there's none of their business!" replied James. "I just want to live a normal life, is that too much to ask?" I asked upset. "Calm down Eric!" said Amber. "Sorry!" I replied. "It's okay!" she said.

"We all want that!" replied Tommy. "I'm just tired of hearing that!" I said. "I totally understand!" he replied.

"Everything will be fine, I promise!" said James. "I hope you're right!" I replied and let out a sigh.

I wish that the students could leave them alone. What Adam has done is horrible, they need time to process everything that has happened. I hope you liked this chapter.

~MoonGlambert~