21: Getting under his skin

Start from the beginning

"He's not easily scared away, let me tell you" he shared and let a small smirk flash past his face.

"Oh my god, this looks utmost interesting! Details!" she almost shrieked while pointing straight to his now gone smirk and covering her mouth with the other hand in an excited fashion.

"It is utmost interesting, but like hell I'd reveal anything to you!" he replied, by now actually teasing her a little. You could say a lot about Hange Zoe but, intentionally or not, she did somehow help him get in a better mood once in a while.

"Hey now, is that any way to treat one's savior?" "Like- like I'd totally be the Best man at you guys' wedding! And Godmother to your babies!!"

"Hold your fucking horses, woman" he groaned, although with a hint of a small smirk.

He might have to regret that fucking Hange of all people became his match maker... although Eren was definitely worth even that.

Almost another full hour went by before he finally was finished with the last bit of paperwork. Hange had left a while ago and he was now alone in the big and now mostly dark building. He took out his phone and looked at the time. 11:25 PM. Eren was probably still with his friends, right? He hadn't heard anything more from him since the last text when he said that he thought that he would be able to take care of the dude that he had increasingly personal issues with. Even though he had high opinions about his lover, he didn't know how well he was able to handle such conflicts, and to be honest it continuously bothered him a little.

"...Fuck it" Levi murmured and called.

Quite a few signals went by before someone finally picked up. He heard loud voices in the background, they seemed to be outside somewhere.

"-'s Eren speaking!" Eren greeted happily, he was slurring the words slightly but Levi didn't mind it. It felt quite good to hear his voice again.

"It's me."

"...Levi? God, you called!" he exclaimed, sounding more than elated. "Eh, I mean, hi" he giggled sheepishly. Definitely at least half drunk.

"What? Have you missed me?" Levi couldn't help but smile a slight, crooked smile at his reaction.

"Uh fuck, give me a minute... gotta get out of here" Eren said in a slightly lower voice. "Be right back, guys!" he heard him shout to the group.

"Yooo is it your girl?" Levi faintly heard an unfamiliar voice shout back to Eren, teasing him.

"Nope, I'm gay" he heard Eren shout back in reply.

...What the hell?

"Did you just come out to your friends?" Levi asked as Eren hurried away and the voices in the background started to fade away.

"Uh, not exactly... my friends know already, there were just a few new people there" Eren explained, sounding a little embarrassed from that Levi heard it, but still seemed mostly casual.

"Hm" Levi just said, he still felt a little chocked about the sudden coming out. "Are you drunk?"

"A little, I guess... but I'm usually that open about my sexuality, drunk or not" Eren claimed.

"Really?" Levi asked doubtfully.

"Ahh... You've probably gotten the wrong idea about this from how I've been the way I've been about being seen in public and stuff" Eren started by saying. "That's not because I'm ashamed or scared to reveal it or anything, it's more to do with... uh-" he said, seemingly trailing off.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to force yourself to explain" Levi interrupted.

"I mean, I will, some day. I'm just a little fucked in the head now, I think" Eren said, but sounded a little thankful.