52: Sacré bleu!

Eren's POV

Kissing in a public park: check! Eren mentally crossed out another of his bucket list items. Funnily enough he had been pretty quick with crossing out a lot more unusual and racy things while he still had simple things that most people did with their very first romantic partner left undone. It comes with being gay and having closeted partners I suppose , he thought to himself.

Having been forced to hide and having missed out completely on certain things could have made him feel bitter, especially as he now finally got to experience some and so discovered how much simple happiness he until then had missed. But he had since long decided that he would think of it as that he would now enjoy all those things double the amount instead while others might never truly understand and see how special they were.

Being with Levi gave him complete freedom for the first time in his life in this. Levi's give-no-shits-personality and outspoken nature both meant that the man couldn't care less about being seen out in public as well as that if he for some reason wouldn't like or was uncomfortable with a particular thing he would be sure to let Eren know. The direct and honest communication Eren knew that he could depend on from his partner allowed him to just do everything he felt like doing without having to worry and try to read or guess what he thought. It was incredibly freeing.

This as well as being able to just enjoy the moment without being distracted by the usual slight discomfort of being in his own home town seemed to now enhance every feeling... Soft and carefully tangled fingers in his hair that for a while tightened their grip - tugging gently at his scalp, the feel of the exposed skin of his boyfriend's neck under his fingertips, a soft humming sound escaping through the lips that moved against his. Everything was inviting him in and it seemed impossible to not want more. The pair pulled back slightly and Eren opened his eyes, meeting Levi's and momentarily getting blinded by the sun that stood high in the sky. The clouds had uncovered it so that it shine directly over the back of Levi's head, making his black hair seem slightly brighter than normal.

"Again" Eren smiled cheekily, looking at Levi's lips.

"We're in a park you horndog" Levi replied harshly but in sharp contrast to his words let his fingers travel sensually along the back of his neck.

"I'm not horny, I'm romantic" Eren argued. Levi pulled an amused look but one that only lasted for a second before he did as Eren wished and put his hand behind the other's neck, angled his head and let his eyes flicker down to his lips. The sight that lasted for a split second was madly attractive.

"I don't believe you" he mumbled under his breath and pulled him back in. Eren felt a sort of nervous excitement flare up inside as he felt the man tug him back towards him and as their lips once again met in a slow kiss.

"...You're just projecting your own emotion on me" Eren said under his breath with a hint of a teasing smile as soon as their lips parted. "I'm being romantic".

"Hmph, yeah?" Levi asked and moved his hands to Eren's lower back, right above his ass. "Okay, maybe I'm projecting a little bit. But who could blame me?" he said and marked his words through slightly squeezing his waist, seemingly holding back from outright groping him.

The teasing, flirty interaction they had going on as well as Levi's flattering behavior towards him while there were others around made him feel quite amazing. Something about how Levi was so unshy about showing that he wanted him and how obvious it was that he was proud of having him rubbed off and made him feel really good about himself... simple but effective. Although he usually took pride in being a person who didn't care much what other people thought of him he still obviously wasn't immune to flatter if it came from the right person.