44: All hail fairy godmother

(A/N): Hi lovelies!

When I wrote this chapter, I didn't do it with only entertainment in mind, but also with some mental health aspects that are very dear to me. Through some tips that are mentioned here I hope to be able to support at least one of you even the slightest.

If you want to learn more about things like thinking traps I'd like to recommend you an app that has helped me a lot. It's called "Youper", a so called mental health assistant, and can be found on both Google Play and Play Store. Check it out and tell me what you think! xx

Also, this story is dedicated to none other than the crazy amazing magpiequeen444 who not only inspired the way I wrote a character in this chapter through her great advice and love, but who also is a crazy talented writer! If you haven't already, you most definitely should check out her amazing Ereri stories! 💕

Next update will be in yet another two weeks; Friday the 19:th of March.

See you there!

Eren's POV

Days had passed and Eren had still not explained to him what happened after Levi had left last Monday and why he had ignored his phone call and text that night.

The first few following days he had procrastinated it; he didn't know how to explain it and so he just allowed himself to avoid thinking about it with the excuse that it was fine to lay low for a few days without it seeming too weird.

As Friday approached he knew that he couldn't hold off on it anymore. He was at this point just making it into a bigger thing than it was since Levi had probably noticed how he seemed off in their few exchanged texts, plus he figured that it would be hard to tell him during the weekend because then Armin would be home all day. But then, finally arriving at Friday, Levi had ended up working a few hours overtime and by the time he was finished Armin was already home. And so Eren realized with a dreadful feeling in his stomach that he didn't seem like he would be able to talk to him until possibly Monday since he couldn't do it while Armin was there.

That's the danger of procrastinating, he realized. It might seem fine at first, but then something unexpected happens and in no time you're late and panicking. Eren cursed at his own stupidity and became more and more anxious, knowing that it looked so much worse now that he had been hiding it for a week all while kind of avoiding Levi and acting weird.

Finally it was Monday morning when his phone suddenly rang. He jumped from the sudden sound and turned over in his bed to pick up his phone. It was Levi... but oddly enough, he wasn't calling from his number but through the dating app they had first met on. What the hell? he wondered and felt his heart beat as he answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi sweet peas! Is this Eren?" a very unexpected female voice chirped in his ear.

"...Yeah?" he asked, stunned. Who was this? What was happening?

"Oh wonderful! My, you sound just like I imagined!"

"Who's... Wait-" he stopped in his tracks when the realization hit him. "Hange Zoe?" he asked, eyes wide and a smile starting to spread across his features.

"Que? You even know my full name!" Hange exclaimed.

"Oh my god, the queen herself! And yeah of course, how can I not know the name of my brilliant match maker?" Eren grinned.

God knows that he loved this woman. They hadn't actually spoken to each other at all since that very first day when Eren had discovered the all too honest profile that she had created for the unknowing Levi, but damn had he fallen for her humor and fun attitude. And over the course of his and Levi's relationship he had only kept liking her more and more thanks to the many stories Levi would tell him that featured the eccentric woman. He was sure that she was one of the few true but very positive friendships Levi had and she was just such a cool, free-spirited person. He smiled out into the empty air, feeling as if he met an old friend.