59: Like a game of chess

(A/N): I'M BACK

Damn it feels good.

I'll see you again for the next chapter in two weeks, Friday the 15:th of July.

Much love and I hope you'll enjoy this humble comeback chapter of mine!

xoxo, Nana

Eren's POV

"Ugh, I'm beat" Eren said and halfheartedly hid a big yawn before plopping down on top of Levi's bed. It was half past midnight and they had just arrived back at Levi's apartment after their spontaneous little drive that had ended up much longer than planned. Levi had picked up his laptop and a folder on their way up to the bedroom and was now neatly packing them into the briefcase he used for work.

"...Mhn hey, do you have a bed side preference?" Eren asked him drowsily. Levi had taken the driver's seat on their way back, allowing Eren to rest. The fairly late hour combined with the comfortable silence between the two had made him pleasantly sleepy and peaceful.

"A what?" Levi asked while folding through a small stack of papers and tucking them into the briefcase.

"A side of the bed that you prefer sleeping on. I's one of the things we should decide on if we're gonna live together" Eren explained, mumbling lazily and hid another yawn.

"Ah" Levi said and let out a low chuckle. "I don't think so. I haven't really thought about it".

"Well- what side have you usually been more comfortable at when sleeping with someone?" he asked, gesturing lazily in the air.

"Hm". Levi raised his eyebrows slightly and was quiet for a moment while putting away the finished packed briefcase. "You're forgetting that you're a most special case Eren" he said and walked up to him where he laid flat on his bed with his legs hanging down over the edge. Eren felt the sleepy fogginess of his mind lift slightly as he watched with interest the way the older man was approaching him. "I don't normally have the habit of sharing beds with my lovers" Levi said and gently brushed away some messy locks from Eren's face before leaning over him and placing his hands on each side of Eren's head. Eren felt the mattress shift under him from Levi's weight.

"Right..." Eren said in a low voice, his eyes drawn to Levi's lips. What were they talking about again?

"In fact" Levi said and lowered his gentle voice even further, "I can't remember the last person I've slept two full nights with in the same bed". Eren let his heavy eyes flutter closed when he realized that Levi was closing the remaining distance between them to kiss him.

"Mhm..." Satisfied, Eren softly hummed into the kiss. Levi gently tasted his lips with his, moving against him slowly. He seemed to intentionally keep it slow and gentle in order to not make it too heated at this late hour. Nevertheless Eren felt a flutter in his stomach as his body noticed and reacted to the older man's touch.

"Hmph... do you know how adorable you are when you're sleepy? Damn dangerous" Levi commented with a small smirk, but before Eren could reply he had gotten up and straightened out his shirt. "Anyway, so no, I don't have a bed side preference" he concluded.

Eren let out an equally happy and frustrated sigh. This sort of temptation play of theirs had started when Eren jokingly had brought up trunk sex in the middle of their spontaneous little campfire. They both had known that they wouldn't go at it again because they hadn't brought lube with them and now that they were back at Levi's place it was too late into the night. It wasn't even five hours until Levi would have to get up for work and they both needed those hours. Knowing that it wouldn't happen was indeed frustrating but not necessarily in a bad way, rather it was quite fun and thrilling, weirdly. Because apparently that knowledge hasn't stopped neither of them from playing into the sexual tension a little now and then and it actually just made things a little extra spicy. That being said, it had mostly been in a teasing playful manner up until now, but now that they were inside Levi's bedroom the electricity that they both had kept at bay seemed to have intensified some, judging by the look in Levi's eyes and the immediate way Eren's body was responding.