Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

<><><><><>

"I guess since it is what we came here to do", I laughed.

We began looking at the art on the 1st floor and there was little conversation between us.

At one point, I found myself at the oppostie end of the room from where Beau was.

I stood in front of one master piece that caught my eye and began looking at every element carefully.

My eyes traced the brush strokes while my mind was being amazed by the vivid colours that were being used.

"Second floor?", Beau startled me as he snapped me out of my thoughts.

I turned around.

"If your ready", I smiled.

Beau grabbed my hand and held it on the way to the elevator.

"I'm going to let you on a little secret", he said as we were the only ones in the elevator.

"Shoot", I replied.

"I'm not the type of person who likes going to museums or galleries", he confessed.

"Thank god you said it. I'm not either", I said relieved.

"I thought you out of all people would be", he smiled.

"I'm more of a 'hands-on' sort of person", I smiled back.

We then reached the 2nd floor and as I was about to walk out of the elevator, Beau pulled me back.

"Let's get out of here", he suggested.

"Agreed", I giggled.

I hit the button that leads to the main floor and once again, we were alone in the elevator, waiting to reach our stop.

"I don't care where I am as long as I'm with you", Beau said out of the blue.

I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his neck while his hands wrapped around the small of my back, giving him a warm hug.

"When I first met you, I never thought about how much you'd end up meaning to me", I confessed as I let go of him.

"Are you feeling okay? FIrst you hold my hand and now you say that. Are you sure you don't have a fever?", he joked as he felt my forehead with his hand.

I playfully slapped it off.

"Beau, I'm serious", I whined.

He laughed.

"I know. I know", he smiled.

The elevator doors opened and we walked out.

We reached the exterior of the museum and there we found a bench next to one of the stone statues.

We walked over there and sat down beside each other.

"I think it's nice when we just sit back and just talk instead of going to all these places and spending money here and there", Beau said.

"it is. It sad that people often fail to realize that it's the little things in life that make the best memories", I responded. 

"Your not a little thing in my life and all the best memories I have are with you in it", he smiled cheekily.

"You know what I meant", I laughed and he joined in.

"So, I called Kellan last night", I began to say once we both stopped laughing.